Generation IV Internal Engine 2005-2014 LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | LS9

WTF is wrong here?

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2007, 05:17 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ls1muscle
In my opinion, you should stop getting wrapped up in peak dyno #'s. People see 500+ rwhp 346's and then think that if they don't make 580 rwhp from their bigger cube motor, then it's a pos. I would do like everyone is saying and port + port match the intake.

Or you could just keep adding duration Why a 254/260 cam.. when you could do a 274/280. Your 244/248 cam is small, that's for a 346
my point exactly....

that 346 that dynos 510rwhp.....cant compete with a 408 that dynos 510rwhp...... that extra stroke will mean a better average HP.

Also....Jerm, if you want to make power...... get suspension... stop putting money in heads and cams. Put it in the rear end..... tq arm, weight reduction, roll bar, transmission and tires..... that way you can actually use all that power you are making!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Ron@Vengeance
If you say so........
I know so.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:24 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by jeremym
I have the TEA/TFS 235cc heads and I dynod the car and it made 525rwhp 497rwtq. What could be wrong? I took the LS6 heads and put these heads on and did not gain anything.
Jeremy, I too am disappointed the heads did not find you extra power you had hoped for, but isn't one of the reasons you bought these heads was because your old Ls-6 heads were ~57-58cc and you needed to drop alot of SCR just to drive the car without knock? Your new heads cc'd @ 68cc chamber volume which by my calculations is over 1 1/2 points of compression. I think the loss of compression may explain why the heads appear to be under performing. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was one of the primary reasons you had originally called about buying new heads. I also agree it would be cool to see how a ported fast would work on your current setup.
Old 07-05-2007, 04:52 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
Jeremy, I too am disappointed the heads did not find you extra power you had hoped for, but isn't one of the reasons you bought these heads was because your old Ls-6 heads were ~57-58cc and you needed to drop alot of SCR just to drive the car without knock? Your new heads cc'd @ 68cc chamber volume which by my calculations is over 1 1/2 points of compression. I think the loss of compression may explain why the heads appear to be under performing. Please correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was one of the primary reasons you had originally called about buying new heads. I also agree it would be cool to see how a ported fast would work on your current setup.

that is exactly what I was thinking! Those heads he had done by Pete in Florida may put of good numbers... but RPM milled the **** out of em. without knock in the texas heat he is making more power. now he needs to concentrate on putting it to the ground! 500+rwhp on motor is nothing to bitch about!
Old 07-05-2007, 07:07 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Mike@TEA
You are totally right about the comp. issue. I am sending my FAST to Ron at Veng. and letting him port match and do his magic. My comp is 11.8 and I have seen a hand full of cars putting down some good #'s with the same comp.
Old 07-08-2007, 08:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

if you lost a 1 1/2 point CR and are seeing the same output as before,than the heads are definately making power..get that Fast ported,from what i've seen on here it should be worth 15-20 hp on a combo like yours..
Old 07-08-2007, 08:58 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by jeremym
You are totally right about the comp. issue. I am sending my FAST to Ron at Veng. and letting him port match and do his magic. My comp is 11.8 and I have seen a hand full of cars putting down some good #'s with the same comp.

You deserve these for leaving out the C/R drop in your original thread.
just messing with ya man.
I don't believe this made for a huge change but it's not a apples to apples comparison anymore and "could be" a power loss in compression alone.
You were in the 13:1 range before which is a bunch for 93 octane and I can see why you were having knock issues.
Ron will take care of you on the porting. He is getting a great rep for that these days. Also post your graph, and overlay it with your old graph. I bet the new combo probably shines in the mid range. As far as "peak" numbers go... I also agree that the fast 90 is holding the peak number back.
It could have been holding the ported LS6 head back as well we will never know, but to me it is worth the time and money to have it ported and retuned to see how impressive the gains are.
Good luck on the combo.
Give us a call if you need that rear end, were in Ft. Myers and you are more then welcome to come down and pick it up or have it installed.
Jeremy
Old 07-08-2007, 09:12 AM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
I know so.
Please try and posts facts and not opinions. You have provided no proof. And you haven't realized that a flow number doesn't make a head a good head. Port the bitch out to 245cc's to get a great number and lose in many other areas. I don't mind listening to facts that you have hand on knowledge with but random B/S posts are useless on this site in this section.
I can tell you that 80% of the top dynoing NA 346/347 Hyd roller cars have either AFR ETP or TFS heads on them.
Why that might not clearly make them a better head then the best LS6 ported head it does make them more consistence.
I have used a ton of ported LS6 heads, and from many well known porters. MTI,TEA,TSP,Futural,Absolute Speed, Walt (local ported in Tampa),Air Flow Technology (Local porter in Ft. Lauderdale), LME, to name a few. Some port's that are clearly better then other's on that list as well. They still have their spot in this field and some that are top notch and make great power often. But to compare against some of the finer aftermarket heads in a apples to apples comparison would be tough for the ported LS6 world.
Please don't get me wrong I am not saying that a real quality port can compete, but on average and as far as consistent the big boys are the big boys for a reason.
Old 07-08-2007, 11:02 AM
On The Tree

I'd like to see more e.t. slips myself, I wouldn't waste my time getting whipped up in a frenzy over anyone's dyno numbers. I go back to the same dyno EVERY time so I know if I have made legitimate gains, not to brag about the numbers. Take it to the track where ALL the B.S. stops, only then will you know what you really have.
Old 07-08-2007, 12:37 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by LSPerformance
I'd like to see more e.t. slips myself, I wouldn't waste my time getting whipped up in a frenzy over anyone's dyno numbers. I go back to the same dyno EVERY time so I know if I have made legitimate gains, not to brag about the numbers. Take it to the track where ALL the B.S. stops, only then will you know what you really have.
this is the last car you will see at the track.... no suspension, 6 speed, no tires, and a stock 10 bolt. ='s BOOM BITCH!
Old 07-08-2007, 12:52 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
Also....Jerm, if you want to make power...... get suspension... stop putting money in heads and cams. Put it in the rear end..... tq arm, weight reduction, roll bar, transmission and tires..... that way you can actually use all that power you are making!

Quick Reply: WTF is wrong here?