Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

GTR Vs C7 Z06 cylinder block iron sleeves

Old 11-04-2016, 11:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Originally Posted by LS6427
Because American made cars are always going to be an American made car.......NOWHERE near as good of quality of almost every foreign sports car made.
BULLSHIT

Things usually start falling apart in a couple years.
You're riffing on American cars for falling apart in a couple of years in the same sentence you're lauding European cars for quality?

GTR Vs C7 Z06 cylinder block iron sleeves-nti1djv.png
Old 11-04-2016, 05:46 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JD_AMG
Expect it doesn't
http://gmauthority.com/blog/2015/03/...etter-results/
And this is the Nismo verson that is $60,000 base price more expensive than the C7 Z06. It would be pretty ugly for the standard GTR on the same track as a C7 Z06...
This is not to say the GTR isn't a great track car (even though the car is doing more driving than the driver himself) but it doesn't match the C7 Z06.
GTR is heavier and less power.......only 7/10ths slower...... You're talking the 630 HP Vette.....?

This = a far surperior car over-all in the GTR....FAR.

Old 11-04-2016, 05:49 PM
Banned

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by MuhThugga
You're riffing on American cars for falling apart in a couple of years in the same sentence you're lauding European cars for quality?
Yes.......exactly. Quality and Workmanship in an American made car is hilarious compared to a foreign car.

Utterly hilarious.

Have you ever actually sat in a car like an Aston Martin Vanquish.....you really think the interior is better quality, design and workmanship than any American car. PLEASE DUDE......you're smoking some good ****.

My boss has all the Astons...every model made. Just last week bought the Mclaren 650S.......we're heading to the track in a couple weeks when it gets here (Dubai) from Saudi where he bought it. I'm pretty sure the interior isn't going to be all plastic shitty fitted parts like our ashtrays, center consoles, glove boxes, traction control button covers, misaligned T-Tops, crappy door panels that snap in with pop screws.

Give it a rest....you sound ridiculous...

Old 11-04-2016, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

GTR is heavier and less power.......only 7/10ths slower...... You're talking the 630 HP Vette.....?

This = a far surperior car over-all in the GTR....FAR.

Wait what happened to faster = better track car? Now that the top of the line GTR loses lap times don't matter?
GTR has computer aided AWD advantage, the car practically drives itself, plus ridiculously aggressive geared transmission that is lightning fast when its not broken and the dealer is voiding your warranty, vs a standard manual transmission.
For 50% more the GTR should be faster, but like usual the American car takes the cake.
Whats with the fanboyism for the GTR???
Old 11-04-2016, 06:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Yes.......exactly. Quality and Workmanship in an American made car is hilarious compared to a foreign car.

Utterly hilarious.

Have you ever actually sat in a car like an Aston Martin Vanquish.....you really think the interior is better quality, design and workmanship than any American car. PLEASE DUDE......you're smoking some good ****.
This right here goes to show it, you have to pick out a $300,000 car to "show" that cars costing 1/10th of that are "cheaply made".
Bias much?
Have you ever been in a used Aston martin? I have, the interior was falling apart and the car had 10 different rattles.
My boss has all the Astons...every model made. Just last week bought the Mclaren 650S.......we're heading to the track in a couple weeks when it gets here (Dubai) from Saudi where he bought it. I'm pretty sure the interior isn't going to be all plastic shitty fitted parts like our ashtrays, center consoles, glove boxes, traction control button covers, misaligned T-Tops, crappy door panels that snap in with pop screws.

And another $300,00+ supercar for comparison? Really?
Apples to oranges much? I would sure as hell hope that something that costs that much is better built than something that is well under $100,000.
The simple fact that you would compare something like that to a Corvette just shows how damn good the car is that its held to the standard of a hand build super high dollar supercar.
Old 11-04-2016, 09:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 35 Likes on 28 Posts

Originally Posted by Dracer173
GTR dose not have sleeves they have Plasma sprayer on the aluminum bore they got the rights to use Plasma from ford motor company
This. Nissan bought the technology from Ford and copied them much like many do to GM's MR technology. If I remember correctly the plasma liner saved about 10 lbs over a sleeved 5.4L block.

Also I agree that European cars are nice, but way overrated. IMO your typical Benz, Bimmer or Audi is no nicer of an environment to be in than their noticeably cheap American competition from Cadillac or Lincoln. In general they're possibly more dynamic cars particularly compared to Lincoln, but I'm just as comfortable and impressed with the interior in an American luxury car than a European one. In fact I would say that European cars are of lesser quality than the American cars because IMO a large part of quality is reliability and lets just say that European cars aren't known to be the best option for a car that you're looking to put 6 figure miles on. IMO European cars are best for someone looking to trade up DD's after just a few years.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 228 Likes on 153 Posts

Utterly hilarious.

There is more to a car's quality than the interior's fit and finish, for starters, and I love how you automatically divert to the interior's quality in a thread initially about cylinder sleeves.

Now, are you seriously comparing the fit and finish of a $300,000 car to that of a $50,000 car? Hell, it looks like you may have even compared a brand new McLaren's build quality to that of a 4th Gen F-Body. Now, that is hilarious.

There is a reason that European car values absolutely tank once they roll off the lot, and that is because they can usually be found rattling off to the side of the road with a flashing check engine light before coming to rest in a puddle of oil. But it's cool. Keep trashing the Corvette while referencing **** that is 6-10x the cost as your reasoning.

You're the ridiculous one here.

Last edited by MuhThugga; 11-07-2016 at 05:18 AM.
Old 11-10-2016, 09:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I own a '99 trans am, and have drive a Mcclaren mp4-12c for 3 days. I would agree with him the mcclaren was nicer than my t/a.

Wait who gives a ****...duh

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: GTR Vs C7 Z06 cylinder block iron sleeves