Generation V Internal Engine 2013-20xx LT1

How I did injector seals on my L83 without special tools. (LT1 LT4 L86)

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2018, 04:30 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Default How I did injector seals on my L83 without special tools. (LT1 LT4 L86)

I made this video in case it would help anyone with doing injector seals on these DI injectors. It's a major pain in the *** and calls for some expensive tools to put them on. I got it done with the tip of a pen and everything went well. No leaks no issues.

I took a pen cap and cut the shoulder part off that goes up into the barrel of the pen. I then took it to the bench grinder and rotated it around and around and removed a little bit of the material (it's too big in diameter, it needs to be turned down in size a little to meet the size of the injector tip) and then sanded that down smooth with sand paper. I wouldn't use the cap full size, it would over stretch the seals, turn it down in size until its basically the same diameter as the injector tip, maybe a hair larger.

These seals are nylon, not rubber, so they don't like to be stretched and you're supposed to use a special tool that looks pretty similar to the pen tip I used but cost about $200

This way isn't perfect, it's a little tricky, but it shows it can be done. Hope it helps someone.

Last edited by 00pooterSS; 04-10-2018 at 04:37 PM.
Old 04-12-2018, 11:40 AM
TECH Addict

Received 112 Likes on 89 Posts

Pretty cool Macgyver!