Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

VT SS LS1 T56 trans noise

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-2017, 06:48 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VT SS LS1 T56 trans noise

Hi everyone, so I've got a VT SS LS1 with a 6sp T56 trans and recently I've started to hear a noise which seems to be coming from the trans. Its a vibration type noise and its not gear specific but more so speed. Once i hit 2nd gear around 60kms I'll hear this noise. But its intermittent, ill apply throttle and change gears, but its between gear changes ill hear it most. Once at 60kms + if i apply the throttle slightly ill hear the noise but if i accelerate hard i wont hear it until changing gears. Recently did the sump seal, coupling seal, pinion seal in the diff and adjusted the backlash, and its shortly after i did this that the noise began. Its doing my fkn head in. I can feel the vibration through the gear stick but its very mild however the sound is not. Its not a clunking or chatter noise its just a vibration like something is loose. Anyone familiar with T56 6sp trans and ever heard this noise before? I suspect trans because i can feel it through the stick... any advice would be appreciated! Cheers
Luke.

Quick Reply: VT SS LS1 T56 trans noise