Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

Couple questions about the Chevy SS

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2019, 08:57 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Question Couple questions about the Chevy SS

Hi guys,

I've been considering buying a Chevy SS for a while now, & I'm finally at the point where I can actually start looking at what's available. I've watched
a few times, & it mentions that the suspension was upgraded, but it doesn't actually say which year was the first for the upgrade - it just compares the 2016 to the 2014 car. which leaves me wondering whether or not the 2015 car got the upgrades. I've looked at the Wikipedia page for the Holden VF (which is apparently the "container" for the Chevy SS page), but that didn't have the answer I was looking for.

Also, for those of you that own the Chevy SS - Does anyone notice the car (aside from the exhaust note), or does it pretty much stay "under the radar"?? I've read a few reviews that disparage the styling, but I rather LIKE the way that it blends in...

I really don't want a car with a sunroof, but it seems like virtually every one that I've found so far has one - was it pretty much the standard for the SS to have a sunroof??

Finally, what's it like to drive as a daily driver?? And how does it handle the snow??

Thanks in advance guys.
Old 04-22-2019, 11:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow this is my very first post on LS1tech. 2016-2017 has the mag-ride dampers. This car is quick and likes simple bolt on mods and LSA upgrades. I've had mine for just a year and I can't count how many times I've been asked what is it or what's in it. Find one you can test drive. It's what did it for me.
Old 04-23-2019, 08:20 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey, thank you for the reply, & welcome aboard!!
Old 08-15-2019, 10:37 PM
Launching!

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Not sure if you bought one, as I'm late to the party... If you're still shopping go for a 2016/2017. As mentioned, they have the better suspension, and a better, hood, too. I think the exhausrt cut outs as well. MY friend has a '16, and it's a great car. A larger car, but very comfy. Cooled seats, too. And yeah, his has a sunroof.
Old 11-10-2019, 10:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts

I have a 2016 SS, wouldn't trade it for anything. Best driving sedan I have ever owned and I have had 5 BMW's the cars that it was built to beat. Awesome sedan. Chevy missed a great opportunity with the car.
Old 12-09-2019, 01:11 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 1st post afer a 10 year absence...
Late to the party, I hope that you've bought one by now.

I have a '14 SS and I love it. It has no sunroof and I love that.

To answer your question, the '15's have the suspension upgrade(MagRide), rear Brembos and was the 1st year the manual trans was offered.
The '16,'17 have the Bi-modal exhaust that changes with the suspension mode selected. Also hase a light facelift and hood vents(fake). Also the CD player and fog light were dropped in these years.
The following users liked this post:
23c8zo6 (07-27-2021)
Old 06-07-2023, 11:43 AM
Banned

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Cheese Weasel
Hi guys,
...Finally, what's it like to drive as a daily driver?? And how does it handle the snow??
Excellent daily driver, not so much in the snow.
The 15-17 MagRide is comfy but any year can be great.
The Australian and US aftermarket options can make it even more so.
Old 02-12-2024, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 2015. I've had some fast bikes and a couple trans ams. The SS is a street legal track car. Put the car in competition mode by pressing traction control off two times. This turns off traction control and stability control. Much more dangerous that way.

Quick Reply: Couple questions about the Chevy SS