Holden Performance Australian LS1 Powered Vehicles

Aussie Parts for my GTO?

Old 01-17-2005, 08:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Aussie Parts for my GTO?

I know this may be off-topic but I was wondering if performance parts for the GTO are more abundant in Australia? If so would it be cheaper to have them imported than trying to pay top dollar here in teh states for them? If anyone from Australia has any info on part prices or what not drop a line here.....may make sense to go about it this way.
i thought of this because I used to deal with a gentleman from Australia who bought Cobra parts through me because it was quite a bit cheaper than trying to get them locally through shops there.
Like I said if anyone has any info and may want to work something out, get a hold of me on this thread or through a PM.
Old 01-31-2005, 02:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I had one good deal happen.....ended up getting a short throw kit for my car and it worked wonderfully. Anyone else looking to set something up?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:05 AM
TECH Enthusiast

What brand did you get?
Old 02-01-2005, 03:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

To be honest with you I am not even sure.....it wasn't a full shifter, but more of a "kit". It involved disassembling the factory shifter and replacing the front stick that drops into the tranny with a longer one, replacing the rear handle with a shorter one and adding a spacer between the tranny and shifter plate. All I can say is I am very impressed with the results. Shifts are quite a bit shorter (about 45% front to back & 20% side to side), the factory "sloppy" handle has been replaced so I have a much better feel for the tranny, basically feels like driving a new car....would recomend this to anyone who can't see spending the 400+ dollars on a Ripshift or B&M, which I couldn't envision myself doing.
Old 02-20-2005, 03:37 AM
Teching In

Default short shifter 6speed

great forum i live in australia the short shifter kits are available here,make the manual trans heaps better if anyones interested ill find out how much reg dave
Old 03-09-2005, 08:50 PM
12 Second Club

http://www.harrop.com.au/
Old 03-23-2005, 04:35 AM
Teching In

Lightbulb

Here we go guys footrest for you over there i know you dont have one on the gto so i found out a price of an ss commodore 1 that you could no doubt make it fit $32 AUD about 25-26 Usd and for part numbers go to
www.ls1.com.au and go to the forums section and do a search for part numbers and it will bring up a section on part numbers for all ls1 powered aus cars HSV and standardCheers DREW
Old 03-26-2005, 09:49 PM
12 Second Club

I had owned a 99 holden when i was located in saudiarabia , Honestly i was one of the first guys who startred upgrading the Aus. Ls1`s there . However , AUS aftermarket parts that day was soo $$$$ comparing to the market in the Usa , soo simply , I started loading my car with the US f-body performance products , wich i didnt find any difference to fit , like a penuts , I know AUs r working hard , but i am sorry I prefered the US for some reasons . price ,, availibilty ,, expereince with camaros , firebirds ...etc .
But something that realy I shake hands with the AUS that u have the best programers I have ever seen , I had the best dynos comparing to other commodors with a maffless tuning.

sure if you r talking guys about accesories and interior , exterior ... AUS had the most abundance parts for u .

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Aussie Parts for my GTO?