Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Broke Down and Fixed on Power Tour

Old 06-10-2010, 12:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Broke Down and Fixed on Power Tour

Woke up this morning in BG, loaded the car, got on the road, car was misfiring a little, made it a little further, rain started pouring, car started misfiring a lot.

Limped the car from Bowling Green to Chattanooga today running mostly on 7 cylinders (still got 19 mpg). Car was throwing NO codes and the couple plugs I pulled looked fine. It wasn't even throwing soft codes when I checked with EFI Live. The local Chevy dealership in Chattanooga and the local AC Delco distributor both stayed open after hours to help me get the parts I needed for the fuel system. Then a friend in Alabama came to get us with a trailer. Changed the filters, swapped on all new coils, then found #4 was totally black. So changed all the plugs too.

My wife and I are disappointed in missing out on cruising with everyone tomorrow again, but we did fix the car tonight so we will make it to Birmingham. Other than this hiccup the Power Tour has been AWESOME.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:28 PM
TECH Resident

Glad you got it fixed, we've been lucky ourselves. Been wussing out and hitting the hotel early the last two days, freaking hot out.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:18 PM
Staging Lane

Yeah we were sitting at the entrance today between the streets watching cars go by. Saw y'all leaving at 2! We are gonna be out cruising tonight and will stop at that Advance Auto Parts parking lot if there's any room.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:07 PM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

We'll be hanging out at the Hampton Inn parking lot. Already getting packed up with cars. Going to grab a bite to eat in about 30 minutes.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

We went down to Advance, then to the dyno. Neither place was better than sitting in the hotel parking lot.

My car has a leaking injector btw. So if anyone has an extra 37 lb'er laying around, toss it my way tomorrow! Otherwise I'll be swapping in my 38 lb'ers and adjusting the fuel injector table a little.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Drove around just a little bit ago after dinner. We must have been tired, laid down at 3 and did t wake ip until 8. Not a lot going on that I could see except for a lot of local pd out and about.
Old 06-10-2010, 11:54 PM
Staging Lane

They had a 69 camaro pulled over that apparently took two cars to hold him there... The car had a huge blower, slicks and wheelie bars though. They were hiding everywhere so we called it quits early.

On a good note, our hotel had food catered for the power tour participants staying here. We had quesadillas, wings, and grilled chicken. Free beer and wine for those that drink. It was pretty awesome.
Old 06-11-2010, 12:08 AM
TECH Resident

Where did you guys stay? That's really cool of them
Old 06-11-2010, 05:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah it is HOT, glad your up and running again, we incurred some road rash on the trip up but such is life, after we walked around regions for a few hours it was so freaking hot we check into the hotel and just chilled, then about 7pm we walked up to a mexican place, consumed a pitcher of margaritas, and that was about it for that night! But Pelham was nice for sure, the hospitality of the locals was great too.
Old 06-11-2010, 07:12 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by 99'CajunFirehawk157
Yeah it is HOT, glad your up and running again, we incurred some road rash on the trip up but such is life, after we walked around regions for a few hours it was so freaking hot we check into the hotel and just chilled, then about 7pm we walked up to a mexican place, consumed a pitcher of margaritas, and that was about it for that night! But Pelham was nice for sure, the hospitality of the locals was great too.

Margarita grill? If so it's pretty darn good food! I think your in the same hotel that I am. Fairfield inn?
Old 06-11-2010, 07:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Twotonefreak
Where did you guys stay? That's really cool of them
Residence Inn. It's normally pretty expensive I think, but we got a real low rate for the power tour.

On a side note, I will not be booking through the Power Tour's hotel services in the future. I was not happy with the hilton garden inns.
Old 06-11-2010, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts

Yeah, Fairfield was real nice, got a ground floor room w/the car parked just outside, too, Had a blast but good to be home, bring on HRPT 2011!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Broke Down and Fixed on Power Tour