Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

2005 Power Tour starts in ......

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2004, 02:37 PM
Fiery Features Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 2005 Power Tour starts in ......

drum roll please...

I received word today that the Power Tour for next year will begin in Milwaukee and end in Kissimmee, FL. They tried to get it started in Kenosha, but they couldn't find any places big enough to hold the starting event. This is still on the unofficial record, but I was told this from the "big man" Freiburger.

BTW -- Last year's long haul picture is in October issue of Hotrod pgs. 104-105
Old 09-28-2004, 07:06 PM
master of the "jack"stand

I live 5 minutes from Kenosha and I can't think of anywhere that would suit it. I am thinking Miller Park in Milwaukee. My friend's parents just sold their condo in Kissimmee!!

I can't wait!!!!
Old 09-29-2004, 11:31 AM
TECH Veteran

I'm thinking about making the Tour next year. Are there many trucks that make it out for the Tour?
Old 09-29-2004, 02:18 PM
Fiery Features Director

The majority of the vehicles on the tour are older cars. However, there are some trucks that show up and there is ALWAYS room for more. You should definately go!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:30 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Scream
I'm thinking about making the Tour next year. Are there many trucks that make it out for the Tour?
I'll be out there with my new toy
49 Chevy 3100 fully restored (frame off)
Old 09-30-2004, 12:44 PM
Launching!

I only live an hour away from Kissimee. Won't be much of a tour for me.
Old 09-30-2004, 01:06 PM
Fiery Features Director

It will be if you go on the entire tour. Start in WI and go the entire route. Then you will get to see Milwaukee, Springfield, IL, Indy, Nashville, Birmingham, Tallahassee, and then back to your home town. When the tour is over, you won't have very far to travel unlike everyone else. We are starting in Texas and will be doing the entire tour.
Old 09-30-2004, 08:37 PM
Teching In

I want to do the Tour, especialy ending in Florida, nice short drive home!
Old 09-30-2004, 10:06 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Wow cool. how long does the tour usually take?
Old 09-30-2004, 10:09 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by hellbents10
Wow cool. how long does the tour usually take?
The tour starts on June 4th and ends on the 10th. They estimate that each drive will be between 4-5 hours. We have some long ones ahead of us this year....hopefully it won't rain this time!
Old 10-02-2004, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zangel
The tour starts on June 4th and ends on the 10th. They estimate that each drive will be between 4-5 hours. We have some long ones ahead of us this year....hopefully it won't rain this time!
still debating if i wanna start in WI and make it to FL with the car if i do i will have a trailer and it will be following me in case something happpens

yeah the rain from quad cities to green bay sucked
Old 10-02-2004, 05:13 PM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by Z284thgen
still debating if i wanna start in WI and make it to FL with the car if i do i will have a trailer and it will be following me in case something happpens

yeah the rain from quad cities to green bay sucked
Last year they were pretty hard on the people who brought trailers (that weren't sponsors). They stated that they did not have enough room in the lots to hold extra trailers (so people that did bring them had to find other places to park them) and many of the hotels could not supply extra room either. If you are planning on bringing a trailer, you might want to do some research and figure out where you are going to keep it during each stop. You might send an email to Special Events and ask them if they have any suggestions.
Old 10-09-2004, 10:36 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Zangel
Last year they were pretty hard on the people who brought trailers (that weren't sponsors). They stated that they did not have enough room in the lots to hold extra trailers (so people that did bring them had to find other places to park them) and many of the hotels could not supply extra room either. If you are planning on bringing a trailer, you might want to do some research and figure out where you are going to keep it during each stop. You might send an email to Special Events and ask them if they have any suggestions.
yeah i noticed the locations where tight on space its still up in the air right now on the trailer deal if not i will be in my friends RA car
Old 10-12-2004, 11:41 PM
TECH Regular

I'm going to do the Long Haul next year. I can't wait!
Old 10-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Teching In

Man this is like a kick in the nuts lol. I live in Milwaukee, and this year is the first time I remember the power tour coming thru here.. now they're startin it here next year Unfortunately I haven't had a worthy ride for the past year since I went back to school. I haven't followed any of this stuff since I got ride of my last ride.. it brings a tear to my eye. This is just rubbin it in now Better lock your doors when in Milwaukee, I might do something irrational. I've said it before.. If I'm gonna drive it like I stole it, I may as well steal it.

Oh I almost forgot too.. Miller Park would prolly be the ideal spot. The only other place I could think of is the state fair grounds where the Milwaukee Mile raceway is. Thats where Harley always puts on their gigs cuz the fairgrounds are pretty big, a little further away from the downtown area, and also right next to the interstate. Miller Park is right near the interstate too, but thats right near the big interchange downtown and traffic always sucks there unless it's 2am, but I believe the interchange right by it is going to be all screwed up for a year or two, starting next year (only seasons here are winter and road construction). Either way though it *should* be planned decent since we've had practice with the last couple Harley reunions.

Last edited by Kyuss; 10-15-2004 at 12:16 AM.
Old 10-19-2004, 02:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Any advice from you guys that have done the long haul on preparations for the tour? This year will be my first and if I can talk my dad into going it'll probably be him in our '27 Ford Roadster that's just about finished and my Year One Formula that will hopefully be modified by the end of this year and ready for the show season to start back up.
Old 10-19-2004, 07:24 AM
Fiery Features Director

Originally Posted by 2002yroneformula
Any advice from you guys that have done the long haul on preparations for the tour? This year will be my first and if I can talk my dad into going it'll probably be him in our '27 Ford Roadster that's just about finished and my Year One Formula that will hopefully be modified by the end of this year and ready for the show season to start back up.
Start saving now! Make your hotel reservations as soon as they announce the spots. Pre-register! Make sure you start getting spare parts together (oil, belts, etc). Hop on the Power Tour board by going to www.hotrod.com and click on message board. From there you can scroll down and click on the Power Tour board. Make friends and read! You will learn alot....
Old 10-19-2004, 08:32 AM
TECH Resident

I also live in Milwaukee. I might do the tour. State fair grounds would probably be the best place based on the indoor capabilities for vendors that Miller park does not have.
Old 10-20-2004, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Default power tour

we started in texas this year 57 chevy 2 door wagon flame paint. our chase car was 40' rv with trailer. had no problems with place to park. booked hotels in feb. no problem there either. Thats it, its simple.check out Hot Rod mags. web site. Have FUN!!!
Old 11-29-2004, 03:59 PM
Staging Lane

I will be making my first run in 2005, started saving up recently, not sure if i'm going to get a hotel, or crash in my truck, heh (its been done before) Wont have the LQ4 in it, but a 305 is good enough for now. I can hardly wait now, and its several months away!

Quick Reply: 2005 Power Tour starts in ......