Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

Open Space On Enclosed Semi Back To Chicago/milwaukee

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2005, 09:21 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Open Space On Enclosed Semi Back To Chicago/milwaukee

Anyone here doing the Power Tour?
We did last years and this year were doing the long haul from Milwaukee Wisconsin to Kissimmee Florida. Last year there were over 2500 cars registered for the long haul not to mention thousands more who jumped in mid tour. Last year we caught it mid tour.
This years schedule is as follows:
June 4 Miller Park - Milwaukee, WI
June 5 Illinois State Fairgrounds - Springfield, IL
June 6 Indianapolis Raceway Park - Indianapolis, IN
June 7 ******* Opryland Resort - Nashville, TN
June 8 Birmingham Race Course - Birmingham, AL
June 9 North Florida Fair - Tallahassee, FL
June 10 Osceola Heritage Park - Kissimmee, FL
June 11 return to Osceola Heritage Park for Long Hauler Award and Photo
See http://hotrod.com/powertour/schedule/ for more info. If you have never done one...look into doing at least part of one. They have quite a bit planned and lots of cool stops at some really cool shops around the country...not to mention SEEING ALL THE NICE RIDES!!! This year is gonna be a great one seeing as it's heading south where it will be warm and sunny!!!

IF anyone is interested, We have some space available on an enclosed trailer to haul the cars back from Florida to the Chicago/Milwaukee area (and points in between) after the tour is over. We have 2 enclosed air ride semi's booked and only 3 MAYBE 4 spots left to cart the rides back home. Each semi holds 6 cars.
Here is some more info I posted on Hot Rod's web site message boards.

A group of us have hired two 6 place ENCLOSED semi trucks from Blue Highways Transport with 4 spots remaining to fill. Blue Highway is a top notch operation. I spoke with the owner myself this morning and he normally does not go to Florida, but since we are taking 2 trucks he is doing it for us. The reason we picked them is because he OWNS his own trucks, and the actual owner got on the phone with me and was actually pleasant to deal with, unlike half the idiot brokers and operators I spoke with trying to figure out who to use. Not to mention after having a conversation with a friend, he was highly recommended to me. They do a lot of hauling for Ford Motor Company for "special" events etc...
Each truck has Air Ride Suspension, Satellite tracking and cell phones. These are state of the art transporters and to see them just go to www.bluehighways.net. The cars will make a direct route back to Chicago and will NOT be stopping to pick up or drop cars anywhere else/from anyone else in the country since we have the trucks full already. I just called back and asked him about dropping at points in between and if you live between Florida and Milwaukee you can also get in, but it MUST be on the way to keep the cost as good as we have it. The route back will be thru Atlanta, Nashville, Louisville, Indy,then Chicago and he said he would even drop in Milwaukee at NO EXTRA CHARGE. I'm telling ya this guy is really nice to deal with!
Anybody interested or if you have questions about hauling their car back and hoping on a flight back home please e mail me @ ScootinZ@aol.com or call my cell phone @ 630-202-6612 and ask for Kurt. DO NOT mail me on the boards here as I will not be checking that mail or these boards as often as my personal e mail. The cars will be loaded on the 11th in Kissimmee and be brought back to the Chicago area 3-4 days later. That will all depend on the drivers log book and how many hours he has logged at the point of loading. But the trip back will be direct like I said.
We found flights on Spirit Air for under 200 bucks back to O'Hare leaving Florida the evening of the 11th and there is still availability as of today.
Now I know there will be those of you calling us "PU**IES" for not driving back to Chicago, But quite honestly we don't give a rats a$$. Some of us have to still work for a living, and a week off to pull off the long haul is stretching it as it is, not to mention having to B line it back to Illinois just to be dragging A$$ back to work. No thanks. I will plop my butt on a jet and see you all back at home.
So that being said, this will be on a first come first serve basis. The cost is $670 per vehicle (no profit involved here...this is OUR COST) hauled back to Chicago. A deposit only is needed to hold your spot. We had 2 leftover spots on the first truck and they WENT FAST and now we need those 2 spots and so were getting another truck...so DON'T WAIT if you need a spot because we will fill this fast. Contact me ASAP and I will give you more specific details.

Thanks, and see ya's all on the tour!!!

--------------------
http://hometown.aol.com/scootinz/MY80Z28.html
Old 04-26-2005, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Cool

HI--we are leaving VAN.B.C. May26--slow drive to Milwaukee--this will be our 4th tour-3rd long haul...can't wait--have you been on the HRPTour message board??Good stuff--see u on the tour!!!!what u driving?80z?? [by the way--can't access your aol page?]
Old 04-26-2005, 09:19 PM
Teching In

Hey NHRAMAN,
2nd tour first long haul though. Yeah been on the Hot rod site. Nice boards and great people!
As far as my page, It did the same thing to me but I hit refresh on the brouser and it came up. Don't know why it don't come up on the first try...but yeah I am taking the 80 Z28 on it's second tour.
See you out there!
Old 04-26-2005, 10:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

ScootinZ---hi again--yeah,the site comes up now--nice Camaro-nice Goat too-pics keep switching places-1 always missing..refreshed but still crazy..have seen them all though..engine looks excellent--will look for you on the tour-cannot wait to leave-wife is going crazy already-all good though....Doug & Margaret.. [is that purple MOPAR going??]

Last edited by NHRAMAN; 04-26-2005 at 10:16 PM.
Old 04-27-2005, 09:17 AM
Teching In

Not sure who's the Purple Mopar was in that picture. That was a Toys For Tots run we did a few years back.
Will you be driving the Pontiac? I will look for ya. I know we might be meeting some people from the Hot Rod boards in Milwaukee. Keep an eye on this thread.

http://forums.hotrod.com/ubbthreads/...=0&page=0#3056
Old 04-27-2005, 06:46 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

We do a couple Toys For Tots runs also-2 at xmas,1 at Halloween--yes,we'll be in the transam--we are arriving Milwaukee very early-june 1st--been watching board-seems theres a couple hang-outs---we'll have to meet--as I've said before,I can't wait.. ---are you arriving on the 4th june??
Old 04-27-2005, 10:29 PM
Teching In

Yeah I am only about an hour or so from Milwaukee so I will head up there on the 4th. Not sure what all of us are doing. Like you said there is a few get togethers it looks like. I know there will be at least 8-10 cars in our group. 8 are registered long haulers.

I am still trying to get this second truck full. I think I have 2 of the 4 spots filled. If not I have a private guy I know that is willing to go down and get my car at least, But that means we have one guy that will have to either cut it short in Nashville, or drive it all the way back. He said he don't want to do that though. Funny thing is the first truck we filled we had 2 spots and they went in 2 days...so we'll have to see how it goes. There is still some time. I know one guy that looks like he might be in has a t bucket, and he don't want to bring it back up via road. If I were driving that 99 of yours I would prolly road it back, but the real reason for me is I have to get back to work, so for me to pull off a long haul this is the only way to go for me unless I drive straight thru back home in a 25 year old car (that I know would make it) and then go right to work.
No thanks...I love my Z but I would be putting some different seats in it for that drive!

Anyhow, lets see if we can hook up somewhere.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

Yeah,that sounds good to us--like I said on other board,we'll be there on the 1st june-ready to rock-n-roll--gonna go to the Harley Factory,see some of the sites for a couple days then check out the hangouts for a couple nites,we'll figure out when/where to meet next little while..--------talk to you later.........Doug & Maggie
Old 04-29-2005, 12:10 AM
Teching In

Cool...
You will enjoy The Harley tour!
Have a good time in Milwaukee you guys! We have a month to kill...so we can touch base again before Milwaukee and see what our plans are.

Take care,
Kurt & Cindy
Old 04-30-2005, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

Sounds Good!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quick Reply: Open Space On Enclosed Semi Back To Chicago/milwaukee