Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2005, 02:35 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What happen to Tonys Camaro?

Old 06-12-2005, 04:27 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

for some reason i see that picture appearing again with a few notations on it....

Brian/Tiff/Tony hope yall made it home alright, i didnt see yall after you hit the turnpike.....
Old 06-12-2005, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

We made it just fine Finished the tour, and the drive back home without any further issues.

Tony had pulled into a gravel parking lot where we let the car cool down a bit, and managed to knock a muffler off. He slipped it back on, tightened the clamp back down, and down the road we went..
Old 06-12-2005, 10:06 PM
TECH Addict

I sure hope that was a "clone" GT500 and not a real one
Old 06-12-2005, 10:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Yep, that's it!! Not sure if it was a clone or not, was at a red light heading towards the fairgrounds when I talked to him so didn't get to talk but briefly.... never did find him when I got to the fairgrounds..

I have a best friend here in BG that has a true one... it's red and gold, he hardly ever gets it out of the garage, let alone take it on something like the Power Tour...
Old 06-12-2005, 11:00 PM
11 Second Club

I talked to that guy.. it was real..
Old 06-12-2005, 11:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

it was an original car... unrestored, un fucked up.
Old 06-13-2005, 08:36 AM
TECH Resident

I saw that car in Indy. It was very original!
Old 06-13-2005, 09:07 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brandon
un fucked up.
Untill his little fender mishap....
Old 06-13-2005, 03:00 PM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

my "A" solenoid blew last night in nashville. i live in chicago. so it was a long drive home while stuck in third gear, going 50 miles per hour. i got home at 4:30 this morning.
Old 06-14-2005, 10:47 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

nice photos there. Nothing like roadside muffler installation! Note to self: avoid pothole and bump infested gravel parking lots, especially with only 2" of ground clearance. Mufflers seperated from the X-pipe, just slipped them back on and tightened the bands. No more issues
Old 06-14-2005, 11:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

better than me, mine's all welded up and i think i crushed or bend the crap out of something in milwaukee after i hit a huge rut/dip/pothole/thing in the road....
Old 06-14-2005, 11:05 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Brandon
better than me, mine's all welded up and i think i crushed or bend the crap out of something in milwaukee after i hit a huge rut/dip/pothole/thing in the road....
That described every freakin road in Millwaukee... I thought Detroit had lots of potholes untill I got up there....
Old 06-16-2005, 07:15 AM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tally TransAm
i hit the asphalt truck as well, no damage though, just some paint chips on the rear, but nothing bad. anyone see the semi that went off the road on 231 in alabama

also got pulled over for doing a burnout at a traffic light in troy alabama. cop was light 20 ft away and i didnt see him. worked out ok though cause at the same intersection about 3 minutes later there was a big *** wreck, and the cop just gave me my **** back and ran over there.
Yeah I saw that wreck I was the one that let the toyota thru before it got plowed into by mini van, Glad u got off ur ticket
Old 06-17-2005, 05:53 PM
11 Second Club

i lost my job due to the tour
Old 06-17-2005, 06:47 PM
TECH Senior Member

damn how did that happen?
Old 06-18-2005, 05:18 AM
11 Second Club

wasn't supposed to take the time off i guess
Old 06-30-2005, 10:36 AM
TECH Regular

Default PT 01 RT 66 story!

Back in the 01 RT 66 tour i longhauled it and whoooped on alot of cars on that tour including the year one 302SS and the buger cars! I was referred to as "THE BLUE ONE" I think that big duude dennis barker or whatever his name is will remember me for ever! hahaha i really messed with everyone i was just cammed with headers, borla, intake mods and I had a ton of suspension at that point. Nothing big but it was a very good combination of parts that made it rather fast compared to the bone stock or so called modified ls1's on the tour.

Before i went on this tour I just had my tranny rebuilt by the dealership ernie guzman since they wouldnt replace it and it was having issues.
Well... i drove up to pontiac, MI where i started the tour and i was kinda beating on it a bit. They obvously did a shitty job on the rebuild or something cause it got stuck in 6th gear and when i finally got it out of gear my synchros seemed to be jacked up from that point on. So i got stuck at the first stop Motor State Performance warehouse or something like that on the way.
Those guys RAWKED!! They totally helped me out! I tried jimmy rigging it at their shop but that didnt work. So they found me a local shop that came and flatbedded me to their shop and cleared a lift for me to pull my tranny down and see if i can get it back on the road. All at no charge they wouldnt take my money! I ended up pulling the tranny and messing with some stuff and i got it to work again so im back on the road in time to catch up to the joliet stop! What an amazing feat that was! Only problem is i didnt have 6th gear anymore and 5th poped out every now and again on deceleration.

I knew my tranny was jacked up at this point so i took it somewhat easy
Well.. that didnt last for long and i made it outside of amarillo and then i lost 5th gear so i was a 4 speed with 3.73 gears almost the whole way to Alberquerque, NM stop. God that was painful!! I now know how those 4 speed vettes and old school rods felt with oil / gas consumption going thru the roof!
Okay so now im in Alberquerque, NM with a cripped car!

I went to the GM motor medics and those guys were total A**holes and didnt really know anything nor did they want to help at all!
Then I met these GREAT people from Ican, Heidi and Kenny cruizing in their white GM mobility modified vert C5!

Well... i guess they knew alot of BIG people in that town and made a few phone calls and next thing you know they tell me to limp my car to a Pontiac dealership called SUNSHINE PONTIAC . They were sooo cool there they stayed open late for me and had a rental truck waiting for me. Oh yeah they turned their head to all my mods since my car wasnt the stock cars they useto dealing with all loud and rumbly bumbly. The funny thing is they Serice manager came out when i was unprogramming the car and was like i didnt see that. He then told me they usually frown and deny any cars like mine usually but this was a favor or someting.
They had a NEW T-56 overnighted there and they had me back on the road by 12 the next day all under warranty! I was very impressed and then for the kingman stop I won the baer brakes trip to bondurant which was KICK ASSSS! Then it was off to san bernadino for the final stop! What a freakin KRAZY power tour that was! It just shows ya that there are alot of very good people in the world and on the power tours very special things tend to happen! Theres alot more to this story but i figured this is long enough!

Oh yeah and this is why i carry extra tools and stuff and tend to stop and help every car i see broken down on the PT now. Im just trying to make someone elses trip kick **** just like what happened to me!

I just figured id share this story with you guys since It was supposto be in the magazine and in their documentry but i never saw it and its a great story with alot of great people helping out a complete stranger!

So help out your fellow hotrodders when you see them in need!

Quick Reply: Post up you PT mshaps!