Hot Rod Power Tour/ Pump Gas Drags/ Drag Week Covers all Hot Rod events

2006 Power Tour Route

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

TNTramair, WHERE IN NE PHILLY ARE YOU? I USED TO LIVE AT MORELL & ACADEMY.
Old 12-31-2005, 11:48 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by rdivirgilio
TNTramair, WHERE IN NE PHILLY ARE YOU? I USED TO LIVE AT MORELL & ACADEMY.
im at tyson n the bvld..in mayfair
Old 01-31-2006, 09:53 AM
Super Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Be nice if they picked Charleston, SC instead of Columbia. My dad owns a great night club in Charleston
Old 02-20-2006, 09:25 AM
It's not mine! woo hoo!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Just thought I'd mention that for those stopping in Harrisburg, Beaver Springs Dragway would probably be closest.

http://www.beaversprings.com

I'll be stopping by for the Harrisburg show.
Old 02-21-2006, 07:43 AM
UNDER PRESSURE MOD

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Well my chances just got better. Got off the phone with my Dad and he's interested in going. So my wife can go to Cape May for the week and hang out at the beach with my Mom and I'll be able to spend a week with my Dad, something that hasn't happened since I went away to college and got married.

I'm stoked.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:50 AM
Launching!

2006 HOT ROD Power Tour Schedule (from Website)
http://hotrod.com/eventcoverage/113_...er_tours_2006/

Sat. June 3, Kissimmee, FL, Osceola Heritage Park
Sun. June 4, Gainesville, FL, Gainesville Raceway
Mon. June 5, Perry, GA, Georgia National Fairgrounds
Tue. June 6, Columbia, SC, Colonial Center
Wed., June 7, Roanoke Valley (Salem), VA, Salem Civic Center
Thurs. June 8, Harrisburg, PA, Farm Show Complex
Fri. June 9, Englishtown, NJ, Old Bridge Township Raceway Park
Sat. June 10, Englishtown, NJ, Old Bridge Township Raceway Park (Long Haulers Photo, Ceremony and Awards ONLY)

I have gone 4 of the last 6 years. It's best if you make your own reservations, you will save money. If you stay at the motels close to the events, check in EARLY!

Last year I was bumped from my hotel almost 4 nights in a row! Apparently, the Hotrod Power Tour folks come in with more people on their list, then they have rooms. They stop the evening before to verify they have all the rooms. So if you make your own reservations make sure you check in early, as the motels will bump you to another facility if you don't check in early. Especially if you wait until after 5, you risk getting bumped. After being bumped three nights in a row, I raised hell with Choice (Comfort Inns, Sleep Inn, Quality Inn, Clarion & Econ Lodge hotels and motels) Hotels! I had been bumped three nights in a row! (I had problems every night the rest of the week). I had to get on the phone at the hotel with the 800 # reservation system. They demanded to speak with the motel owner in Nashville and told them to book me in the best room possible and bump someone else, as this quest has been bumped 3 nights in a row! (It was quite the scene in Indianapolis too!). They told me to check in as soon as I get to the next location and if I had any problems to call them back. I did save quite a bit of money, but frankly it wasn't worth the hassle. And, my wife thought something was up when I wasn't at the hotel I said I would be three nights in a row! I told the Choice Hotel reservations folks they just may very well cost me a divorce! If was funny, or I should say it is funny now. It wasn't at the time.
So make your reservations on the Internet and save money, but check in early! Oh, and if you make them on the Internet you have to cancel the reservation the day before arrival. That is one of the "got ya's" doing it through the internet. If you do it by 800# most places let you cancel the day of arrival. If you are driving a classic muscle car, that may be important due to possible break downs. So, think folks and have a great time.

I'll be driving the red 2005 Corvette with competition grey wheels...it's VERY loud to with Random Technology 3" cat-back!

Have a safe trip and good driving!

JC
Old 03-01-2006, 02:49 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the heads up, good information.
Old 03-06-2006, 08:25 PM
Teching In

I ususally stay with Choice Hotels when on P/T. I make my reservations early, I always guarantee w/ credit card and have never been bumped. I ususally do not go to the hotel first. Last year I was upgraded to suites twice due to regular rooms selling out. I have also seen people who reserve their rooms thru HOT ROD Travel service have problems.
Old 04-20-2006, 09:46 PM
7 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by YenkoST
Also, If I remember correct, Silver Dollar raceway is about 30 miles from Perry...its in Reynolds, GA; its one of two quarter mile tracks in GA!!

See ya'll there!!
You'll drive right by South Georgia Motorsports Park in Cecil/Adel about 33 miles past the Florida/Georgia border on I-75. (Atlanta is 3rd 1/4 track I know of).

Derek

Quick Reply: 2006 Power Tour Route