International Members For our members outside of the USA

Importing Non-Military LSx into Europe

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2016, 11:57 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Importing Non-Military LSx into Europe

Hey guys, I'm wondering if anyone can offer some insight on what it would take to get an '02 Trans Am over to Europe?

I may very well be going to Belgium to study and would love to take my car... lol but it's got heads/cam and I don't know if EU requirements will allow that. Can someone point me to some relevant information with regards to this?
Old 03-21-2016, 08:36 PM

We Move Express can help to export vehicle overseas, Germany, Netherlands, UK or any other country, we offer best rates. We are located in Long Beach, CA.
Old 03-22-2016, 05:46 AM
On The Tree

I am more interested in guidelines for a vehicle being street legal in a place like Belgium.

Is a cammed F-body something that could be made street legal? Is there somewhere I can find information on what is street legal?
Old 04-10-2016, 01:04 AM
TECH Resident

Received 141 Likes on 108 Posts

This forum is fvcking dead. FWIW I know a guy who swapped an old Jeep with a 383 stroker and then took it to Germany. It was carb'd. During an inspection, he pointed at the glasspacks and declared them to be catalytic converters and they bought it. Point being those guys can be pretty gullible with "exotic" foreign hardware. Any car guys at your gaining unit?
Old 05-03-2016, 08:53 PM
On The Tree

I hope so, I'll actually cat the car if it means I can bring it over there. My car has a pretty stout cam in it which is my main worry.

Yeah, no surprise this forum is dead. I was just hoping someone might see and chime in. It seems that Belgium does a tail pipe sniffer to determine your emissions and then charges you a road tax based upon that. There is no mention I can find of there being a point where there is too much emissions to be road legal.

Unfortunately I'm not in the military or this wouldn't be nearly as big of a deal.

Quick Reply: Importing Non-Military LSx into Europe