My C5 v BMW M3

Search this Thread

Old 08-15-2007, 12:54 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My C5 v BMW M3

I was coming back from an American car show a few evenings ago, about 7.00 pm
Still nice daylight here in UK.
I was sat in the fast lane, of our 3 lane motorways, on cruise, set at 90 mph.
Very light traffic, just great, had been making progress for about 10 minutes, when I see this black BMW catching me up.
that unusual I think to myself, he must be well over 100 mph, to be reeling me in.
Oh well, I move over and let him be on his way, perhaps he's late ?
So he shoots past, I would say at about 130 mph.
About 200 yards further on, he has slowed down to match my speed, still at 90 mph.
Then after about 2 ~ 3 minutes, he slows down some more, now I am just a few car lengths behind him, still with cruise set at 90 mph.
Then he floors it, and this is my signal for a short play.
I get on it, and pass him
just to easy, he was probably up to 145 ~ 150, and I just passed him and put about 200 yards on him, and tapped the brakes a few times to indicate to him, and we both slowed down to about 60.
I let him pass again and give him a good 10 or more car lengths, then I floor it, auto box, kicks down very nicely, and I pass him again, within a short space of time.
Then I slow down to about 50 and we have a chat, if you can call it that, so we pull off the motorway, and stop on the verge,
We chatted, and he didn't know what car the 'vette was, he was asking "what country does it come from"
Also what engine does it have.
He was full of admiration for the 'vette.
I feel he was surprised to be "blown away" so easily, I think the M3's are not much of a match for the 'vettes, and I am perhaps taking a hollow victory.
Any way, a win is a win.
Old 08-15-2007, 01:44 PM
Teching In

since when M3s are match for anything? there are many midsize V6 4 door cars out there that perform closley or better than the E46 M3.

I dont know how these cars get their reputation from.
Old 08-19-2007, 05:44 AM
On The Tree

M3?? poor thing... you shouldn't waist your petrol on him... besides a dude drives a sports car and doesn't know what a VETTE is, need to be SHOOT in the head... hehehe...
and like <<wicked@boost>> said... there are many V6 cars are much more powerful than the M3... but a BMW is a BMW at the end of the day... it gets it's reputation of it's make... we can't ignore that...

I guess the New M3 Twin Turbo will be a Kick ***... let's wait n see...

Quick Reply: My C5 v BMW M3