Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New guy in Tampa!

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2009, 05:25 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New guy in Tampa!

My name is Nick and I'm 21 and I'm currently deployed in Iraq. I gought a 2000 SS on leave and have been ordering parts for it ever since. I'm pretty much done with the exterior the suspension but the engine still needs lot of work. I'll be out of Iraq in about a month and a half then I have a month of peace and quite back in tampa.
Old 04-19-2009, 07:18 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

awesome man, im originally from tampa as well, but i am deployed now too. I am stationed out of San diego. sounds like a bad *** car you got there. I miss home every day!
Old 04-19-2009, 09:57 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by SPLATT
awesome man, im originally from tampa as well, but i am deployed now too. I am stationed out of San diego. sounds like a bad *** car you got there. I miss home every day!

Sweet dude,

San Diego I'm guessing your a Marine then. When are you going on midtour leave?
Old 04-19-2009, 06:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

nah actually im navy, i will be on leave around late july or august if everything goes right, but you know how that goes
Old 04-20-2009, 05:26 AM
Teching In

nah actually im navy, i will be on leave around late july or august if everything goes right, but you know how that goes
No **** lol. How long are you deployments in the Navy? Do you plan on doing any mods to your T/A on leave?
Old 04-20-2009, 05:57 AM
TECH Enthusiast

about 7 or 8 months nowadays. Still too long lol, i hate them, this is my third one as far as the firehawk, it has a few mods already, its a H/C car with a couple bolt ons and a wet kit. It dynoed 502 before i left on a 100 shot (shut down at 5400 because it went lean), but its jetted for a 150 shot now, I will need another Nitrous controller though as mine **** the bed. Also i may eventually be doing a 6.0 forged with a big shot or budget turbo build. thats later though
Old 04-20-2009, 07:59 AM
12 Second Club

Welcome to the site Nick! There's a lot of good info and good people here that can help you with the mods under that hood

Also let me say to you and SPLATT, thank you both for serving our country and keeping us safe
Old 04-22-2009, 02:46 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mild2wild
Welcome to the site Nick! There's a lot of good info and good people here that can help you with the mods under that hood

Also let me say to you and SPLATT, thank you both for serving our country and keeping us safe
Thanks, my pleasure. Your right there is a lot of good people on here. Nice camaro by the way. It's really nice to know that some women can apprecitate cars as much as I do. And you got a gun lol that's awesome

about 7 or 8 months nowadays. Still too long lol, i hate them, this is my third one as far as the firehawk, it has a few mods already, its a H/C car with a couple bolt ons and a wet kit. It dynoed 502 before i left on a 100 shot (shut down at 5400 because it went lean), but its jetted for a 150 shot now, I will need another Nitrous controller though as mine **** the bed. Also i may eventually be doing a 6.0 forged with a big shot or budget turbo build. thats later though
I've been here for 14 months now so I have a pretty good Idea of what you talking about lol. Your H\Firehawk sounds sick dude sounds like it'll haul some ***. Take care of yourself out there you hear and take it easy man. I'll post an album when I get all of my parts installed here in a few weeks
Old 04-22-2009, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Welcome! I'm over in Brandon actually. Sounds like a sweet ride you have. And x2 on what mild2wild said.
Old 04-22-2009, 07:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I just left ol Baghdad myself after a bit over two years, welcome to the site and congrats on the SS. Thanks for your continued service to your country I know I appreciate all the soldiers for their committment.
Old 04-22-2009, 10:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

nice to see so many grateful people here. and thats why we are here today. it is our pleasure