Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

new here with an LT1

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2009, 09:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default new here with an LT1

hey, my name is dave. Tax time the wife gave me a budget of $600 to buy a camaro, thinking i would never find one. i found an 89 RS 2.8 that ran great and was straight for $500. i bought and sold stuff, wheels, hoods, etc. making money off that car. i also cleaned the car up, buffed the dulled paint into a nice shine, put 16" RS wheels and tires on it. tightened the floppy
steering column, and cleaned the interior.

before

after

i traded the 89 RS for a really nice 93 lumina z34. it was nice, but leaked oil from the distributer hole, so i replaced the 0-ring, rtv'd the hell out of it and drove that car. i put it on craigslist for $2000 and a few hours later a guy bought it for his 16 year old daughter.

The search began. i was looking at 91-92 RS's with 305's, but none worth looking at. fourth gens are expensive right now. then a posting came up for a 95 formula, $2000. had very little information, no miles, no condition, no contact info. i emailed him through his listing and he called back the next day. the car only had 123k miles on it, purple, needs headliner and headlight motors.

i bought it the next day. runs and drives good. need stie rod ends and a few missing trim peices here and there in the interior. the paint was dull until i buffed it out. it shines like new now.

before and after on the paint.

i only got it a few days ago. i have changed the right valve cover, temp switch, and thermostat. it was pretty dirty, the trunk carpet was a mess and not put together right and stuff. over all its very nice.