Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New From Japan/Kansas City

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2009, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New From Japan/Kansas City

New to the site. Needed to do some research for my next project. I currently have a 1992 Nissan 180sx RHD that i will be bringing home with me from Japan. I am going to be doing a LSx/T56 swap. Looking at building it up as a road course car. I am currently at work but i will get pictures of it up soon as i get home.
Old 09-30-2009, 06:44 PM
EW1
Launching!

Welcome to the site! Lots of info on here to help you out. Should be a sweet set up.
I was stationed up in Yokosuka when I was in Japan. I miss my Nissan Cedric, Yakiniku, Chu hi's and stores like UPS Garage and Parts Off.
Old 09-30-2009, 08:24 PM
Teching In

UPs is probably the greatest place ever. I have owned about everything you can out here. Had a Soarrer, r32 skyline, Chaser, and now my 180. I have been here since June 2006 and am currently pushing through another extension to make sure i have the cash needed to support this build. Already have one build that ended up costing way to much money.
Old 10-01-2009, 07:52 AM
EW1
Launching!

I was in Japan for 6 years until the told me to get out of town because of the Continuous Overseas Tour policy. I had a r32 gts, fc rx7, but my Cedric was the best. It had a swapped VG30DETT with a manual trans. It had the best of both world power and VIP style.
I made extra money buying parts from UPS and stores like that and selling it on ebay. Man! those were the days.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome man, enjoy Japan while you can because it's so much harder to stay there these days. How are you going to get the 180 back? might be kind of hard to do it legally if you plan on driving it on the street. I knew all kinds of guys who talked of taking their cars back but nobody ever managed to except for guys bringing back old school Skylines and Bluebirds since they are exempt because of their age.

Originally Posted by EW1
I was in Japan for 6 years until the told me to get out of town because of the Continuous Overseas Tour policy.
Same thing happened to me, I managed to stay over there for 11 years though. I moved back stateside in '06, before that I was stationed in Yokosuka, Misawa, and Atsugi.

I only managed to have 2 cars while I was there, an A31 Cefiro and a kouki R33 GTS25t Skyline. I really really miss the Skyline, both of them are on my fquick page.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:40 PM
Teching In

There are a couple of clauses and rules for registering it as a kit car. Since i am most likely doing a tube chassis and then for sure doing a LSx swap it makes it in to the grey area. The regulation specifically states that the car can be registered as a kit car if it has a drivetrain that was never offered by the manufacture. Cars can be shipped back for "parts" very easily. I have done my research. I have the money and will be bringing this thing home.
Old 10-02-2009, 07:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by 180lsx
There are a couple of clauses and rules for registering it as a kit car. Since i am most likely doing a tube chassis and then for sure doing a LSx swap it makes it in to the grey area. The regulation specifically states that the car can be registered as a kit car if it has a drivetrain that was never offered by the manufacture. Cars can be shipped back for "parts" very easily. I have done my research. I have the money and will be bringing this thing home.
about hoe much do the r33 and r34 skylines go for over there?
i know a few yrs. back a cali co. use to import them and modded then for usa use. but i think they went bankrupt or something. ive alway been of a fan of the r34 and r33

welcome, this site has on of the best areas related to ls swaps on the net
Old 10-02-2009, 11:51 PM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Lsx

There is a company here in Alabama that is very top notch in the mods on these cars along with the other foreign vechicles. Hinsonsupercars.com, take a look at there site.