Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Not a LS1 owner yet...

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 05:28 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Not a LS1 owner yet...

****Made my first payment on it car is off the market and will be paid for in may so glad i picked this up*****

But so close i can taste it.

Hows it going, names Gabe Moulden. I'm a quad FMX rider from Topeka, KS I've been featured in two action sports films one being nominated for Best Freestyle Motocross Movie of the year. Also a member of the USAF. Always loved Firebirds and Trans Am's but being a young and dumb kid got myself into a lot of trouble with speeding tickets and other crap so insurance was so much i could never afford one. But thats all changed now...

I found a 2000 Camaro SS hard top, auto with 50K asking $8700 that i think is a good deal the list of mods i have for it right now is as follows:
Turbo Charged
Diamond forged pistons, 8.8:1 compression.
Eagle rods
LS6 cam and valve springs
Heads have been ported and cleaned
Racetronics 255lph fuel pump
the block has been sleeved and it is .030 over bored
Trans is all TCI with a 3500 Super Street Fighter converter. and a huge trans cooler.

That is all the modifications the owner could remember off the top of his head. The previous owner is supposed to email him the rest of the information soon

The history of the car, The current owner of the car, his brother had bought it wrecked originally from Iowa. It had taken a shot to the front passenger side, messing up the fender, hood and front bumper. They own a body shop so he fixed it and flipped it to a friend of the family in KC. He dumped quite a big of money build the car, and due to the recent economy taking a crap he was forced to sell some of his toys, offered it back to the current owners brother, he denied, so that hows this guy ended up with it.

Currently I'm deployed right now and i can't go look at the car myself but i had my father and brother in law go check it out and they think its a clean car, very nice.

I'm about 90% sure i'm going to purchase the car before i get home so i have a reward for my deployment when i get home. Here are some pics

So what do you guys think of the car? i don't have any experience with these newer cars or the go fast parts so i wanted to check here first.

ohh and here are some picks of my FMX riding if you guys are into that, its like X games type stuff.

and a little video a few years ago
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNRbZ3zGxs4

Thanks guys

Last edited by GMouldy; 02-16-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 02-06-2010, 06:03 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

If you want to do those tricks in a Camaro, your gonna need a convertible.
Old 02-06-2010, 10:00 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car has alot of money sunk into it. Looks like a good deal to me. I bet it hauls ***. FIND OUT!!
Old 02-08-2010, 05:39 AM
On The Tree

I've made the decision to go ahead and buy the car, very excited
Old 02-08-2010, 12:24 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by GMouldy
I've made the decision to go ahead and buy the car, very excited
sounds like an awesome buy.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=59fPX4CAQwk
Old 02-16-2010, 02:37 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the welcome guys, looking forward to doing a few appearance mods, to the car, some wheels and maybe some racing stripes or a scoop decal. do you guys have meets during the summer? I used to go to the Pontiac summer nationals a few years ago as part of the gp-owners.com website....
Old 02-19-2010, 09:04 AM
12 Second Club

I don't think you'll regret buying it. Here are a couple local boards for you to check out. Thanks for serving and keep your head down and come home in one piece.

http://www.ksfba.org/forums/

http://mofbody.com/forums/