Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Whats up Ladies and Gents...

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whats up Ladies and Gents...

Well I just bought my first Z and I am loving it...I have always had mustangs but love the (stock) power of the Z28...Anyway i have a 2000 Z28 LS1 and have just had it tuned by HP. This put the car at 283hp at the wheel and 324tourqe...What are some simple things I can do to get more power...Im hungry for the extra power and thanks for reading...
Attached Thumbnails Whats up Ladies and Gents...-100_9444.jpg  
Old 01-25-2011, 06:33 PM
On The Tree

If your looking for budget friendly bolt ons look into some pacesetter or tsp long tube headers, off road y or catted y pipe, cat back exhaust, descreen your MAF(easy do it yourself mod that will give you more airflow) , slp or ftp air lid/air filter and possibly a ls6 intake. Those mods right there will net you a descent gain and give the car a lot stronger sound and feel.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:04 PM

Thanks alot...I really appreciate it...i am looking for budget friendly things and know little about LS1 motors...
Old 01-25-2011, 07:10 PM
On The Tree

When I first joined the site I was in the same boat and by just reading up on here quite a bit for the past couple years I've learned so much stuff. A lot of people are very quick to respond and will help ya out on questions but some will be dicks and tell ya to constantly use the search button.lol well good luck with your car and your power goals. If ya have anymore questions let me know.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:23 PM
Banned

Bolt-on's, as mentioned, full exhaust. Gears, cam, tune are all budget friendly "big" hp gains. Check out the newbie tech for some more info. Good luck, modding is addicting. Have fun!