Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Happy to find this site-status of the "Beast"

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 10:20 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy to find this site-status of the "Beast"

Hello to everyone, jsut joined the site when I bought a '98 T/A with LS1/6spd. First go-around with the LS set-up, very familiar with the non computerized genre-used to work in an automotive machine shop and also have a '76 vette that went 9.96 @ 134mph. Also had a '95 Formula with an LT-1 that I dabbled with a bit. The for sure mods on the T/A are stainless long tubes, X pipe crossover-no cats, cam-but not sure of the specs. ZO6 clutch, hurst shifter, 706 heads supposedly been worked but not sure to what extent. I was told Thunder Racing in Baton Rouge, LA used the car for some testing back in the day. Car sat for a few years (just turned 53000 miles on it). Car runs strong but as they say, "I'm just gettin' warmed up". Right now I'm disecting part numbers, finding what's apparently aftermarket etc... The first three things I need (after getting a dyno tune and hopefully some information/history) are to fix/add are the cruise, add a WS6 hood and buy/install the shifter boot/plate that clips in the console. Apparently someone forgot the shifter protrudes through the floorboard before dropping the tranny LOL. Somewhere in the middle of this will also be the rearend, I'm trying to get ahold of the guy who had the one that came out of the car-Eaton posi, Moser axles I'm sure there is another catergory for that kind of thing but I'm just letting everyone know what direction I'm going with the car. Sorry so long winded for hello but I'm pretty stoked to start on a new kind of adventure.
Old 03-16-2011, 12:29 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

welcome! seems likes you have had and have some pretty nice rides! nice to see that you have some big plans for a nice car!