Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Member from Jax, FL

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2011, 10:20 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Member from Jax, FL

Hey everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. I'm currently working on a 94 Camaro 3.4L V6 for my girlfriend. She got it for a pretty good deal and I'm doing all the work on it.

First I got mechanical out of the way. The car has 114,650 miles on it so I replaced the Waterpump, Tensioner, Plugs, Wires, 180* Thermostat, Wired fan so it comes on when car is turned on, new rotors and pads. Fixed some wiring issues. Also took the A/C compressor off and installed the delete pulley for the time being until I can get a new compressor and stuff. Also got a coolant flush/back flush and oil/filter change and a K&N Filter. I'm going to flush the brake system and put in new brake fluid soon too.

Current plans for the car are:
Trans-Am Interior swap
OEM Corvette 18x9-19x12 wheels
Install T-Tops
Paint and Body
LT1 or LS1 Swap (She wants LS1 but much more involved)

So far everything is going pretty good. The thermostat housing right bolt is a PITA to get to. This is the first 3.4L I've messed with and the LT1's are much easier to me, I also replaced the CTS Sensor and the Coolant Sensor for the gauge.
Old 03-20-2011, 12:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you got everything under control alright haha, welcome to tech! Hope everything with the car goes smoothly for ya
Old 03-20-2011, 12:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

welcome from jax
Old 03-20-2011, 12:24 AM

Originally Posted by QWIK Z of OP
welcome from jax
Your right next door to me... I'm in Middleburg off 218.

Sucks having to wait for 50 posts or 6 months to post under classifieds. I understand though.

REALLY need to find Trans-Am Door Panels and Dash ASAP (Black/Charcoal/Ebony) so if anyone knows someone selling Trans-Am interior parts let me know.