Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Im finally a LS1 owner

Old 06-28-2011, 04:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Im finally a LS1 owner

hey guys,
im sure you have seen some of my posts on here in the past just asking some general questions. Well friday I traded into my first LS1 car, its a 98 Z28. Its a red t-top with 106,000 miles. Its already got SLP long tubes, Y pipe, SLP resonator, hypertech programmer, SLP lid, SLP sub-frame braces, and SLP sway bars. When i got it, it needed both the front o2 sensors replaced, so i did so sunday, well yesterday the check engine light came back on and once again its bank 1 sensor 1 and bank 2 sensor 1. I talked to the guy thats going to dyno tune the car and he told me to just bring the car down and he will look into it, any ideas on what might be causing this issue? There arent any other codes being thrown. The car doesnt have a cat, and there is a o2 simulator in the back which will be tuned out with the dynotune.

Well enough with the issues here are a few pics of it i got with my phone, ill take some better ones with my camera when it quits raining.

For right now its my daily driver, however it will be getting a few mods in the near future like a LS6 intake as well as a Z06 heads ( which i believe are the 243's? ) and of course its getting the dynotune.
Old 06-28-2011, 04:53 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You should probably hit up the "im 17 years old fresh meat" thread if u want any questions answered...

You prob need to replace your O2 sensors.

243s are the LS6 heads, but I hope you do a cam swap at the same time to see the real benefit from them.

GL

Search this Thread