Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Feed me.. I'm hungry for LS info..

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Feed me.. I'm hungry for LS info..

Life long hot rodder.

All GM power for me. Been building small blocks for over 25 years. Love the small Chevy but it's time to take advantage of the LS's power potential. I'm here to get educated on the inner works of the LS and how to extract every ounce of power.

I build my own engines in the back yard, well, in the shop in the back yard. Also build transmissions (TH350's/700r4's) as well but new to the 4L's so they will be something to learn about as well. Only difference is the electronics.

Current Project: 1984 El Camino
Original plan was for a carbed version but all electronic is now the plan. That QWERTY tuning is hard to beat vs's jetting after each run to tune. No more driving home high from gas fumes on the hands. Plus, I'm getting older and don't want to be be leaning over the fenders at the strip. I hear HP tuners are the program to have so that is in the works too.
I have a D1sc Pro-charger to force feed my new LS. My current engine, sbc377 ran a 6.60 @110 in the 1/8 and I'm looking to run the 5.70 Street class at the local drag strip. Shouldn't be a problem.

Also, I drive what I build on the street, that 6.60 pass was with the mufflers, sportsman pro's, and after a 50 mile drive..

That's me, I may be quietly researching and gathering info but will chime in if I have questions.
Old 11-24-2011, 01:56 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

welcome!

Awesome to have someone join with some knowledge to share with us LS guys on some old school stuff.

You will find most all of the info your looking for in the conversions section. Good choice on the Procharger setup! I'm partial to them myself!
Old 11-24-2011, 02:27 AM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

the "4L"s are updated 700r4s with electronics in them, so if you can rebuild a 700r4, you're good.