Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

been ghost reading for years

Old 03-28-2012, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default been ghost reading for years

Hi guys, I been reading this forum for 2 years, gettin little hints and directions on what to do with a 98 ls1/t56 that i bought. It had a few good things going for it when i bought it, fresh rebuild of block (with all paperwork), rebuilt T56,spec 3, torque arm and 4.10s, LT/LM1 exhaust, even freshly painted. Unfortunatly I had 5 or 6 fulltime projects going outside of my 9-5, so i couldnt enjoy it.

ffwd to today: Ive been wrenching every weekend to change/fix things to my liking, ie stainless headers (ebay, but i learned valuable tips from here like checking flange, ordering new MLS gastkets,Poly M/M). Figuring out how to get the new 10.5s to fit in the rear (BFH)

while browsing google..i saw a post about a memeber fabbing up his on torque relocation bracket and decided to join.

Old 03-28-2012, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome! Good looking car...sounds like you already have a nice foundation to start with.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:25 PM
Teching In

thanx, it wasnt too shabby...i need to learn about the drill mod. ive only driven it maybe 2,000mi since ive owned it. Getting into 3rd gear during spirited driving is an adventure. I was chalking it up to me being a newbie. (my 1st manual car)

Search this Thread