Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Ford Convert Here

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2012, 06:11 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ford Convert Here

Hey guys! First I want to thank everyone who has contributed so much knowledge to this forum. You guys have answered so many questions for me already. This really is THE place for LS1 knowledge on the web!

A little about myself; I have been racing Mustangs, and building Ford small blocks since the early 90s. I took some time away from racing when my daughter was born around 8 years ago, and I am trying to pull my car out of the moth *****, and get to the track once again.

I own a 1984 Mercury Capri, dressed in Mustang clothing, and until recently it had a pretty stout 351W/C-4. The first night out of retirement, a carburetor problem caused a lean condition, and I burned two pistons. So, I'm giving up, parting out my 351W, and in the process of sticking a stock(for now) LQ4 in the CapriStang.

I still love my Capri, but I simply can't deny the superiority of the LSX family of engines. The more I work on them, the more impressed I am with how well they are designed. Not to mention, all the fastest Mustangs I have seen have been Chevy powered, LSX or not.

I know it has been done before, but I am keeping a record of all my work, and all the money I have spent to perform this conversion. Hopefully I will be able to contribute to the forum in the future. I'm trying to keep the conversion under $4000, but it looks like I am going to creep slightly over that goal. Mostly because I am in a hurry, and not waiting for deals to come along.

I live in the Orlando Florida area, and I will be back out at Central Florida Raceway, Lakeland, and sometimes Speed World as soon as I get my car running again. Hope to see some of you out there!
Old 04-09-2012, 11:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 147 Likes on 133 Posts

Good luck!