Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

There is a God, and an awesome wife

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2012, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default There is a God, and an awesome wife

Hey all from Durango, CO

So I start my story back in 1998 when I am driving down highway 41 through Fresno, CA and look in my rear view mirror and see this Bad A$$ car. What is it? I slow and let it get along side. It is a WS6 TA and I am in love. This one is a black coupe. I start checking on the car. Way too much for a poor sucker like me. Over the years I watch the models and prices and finally decide that my love is the Navy blue with tan top convertible. Has to be a manual. Preferably an '02. Always looking, but never the right time, price. Secret love. Patiently waiting until the time is right.

Well, I recently ran across a white '02 vert with tan top with 6 sp. She is pretty. Am I ready to compromise? Stop and check her out. The goofballs want too much. Should I offer them a decent price? Talk to the wife and she says NO. You want blue. Wait for it.

Well, we were in Denver trading our truck for a downsize weekend warroir and shopping for a daily driver car for the wife (she deserves it). Wife finds a blue '02 vert in GA and sends me an e-mail asking if we want to go pick her up. I know she is pulling my chain. Then, I see a blue '01 vert 6 speed on Denver Craigslist and send her a 'why don't we just drive to Westminster' note. She says, it's an '01 and you want an '02. I know we are shopping for her and try to forget about it. There will be another and the time will be right. Patience...

She finds a great deal on an Infinity G35x and I bless the deal. I am working and she is finalizing the downsize truck and Infintiy deal. She is taking waaay too long and I am telling myself not to get upset, it is not her fault. Next day, She is supposed to make one of the vehicles deals and come pick me up. Waiting. Waiting. She finally calls and says she is in the parking lot outside, but there was a problem and I need to come outside. I head out, then think, I should have asked which vehicles she was in, truck or Infinity. I don't know what to look for and it is a big parking lot. I step outside look around and spot a WS6. Awesome, I think; and then continue to look for the wife. I hear the TA start and look over as it comes my way. The wife is driving. WTF??? Brain cannot process. Wife is smiling as big as a cheshire car. Details?

Well, as she is finalizing the truck deal, the WS6 rumbles by (someone has removed the muffler, so it is straight pipe from cats back - 2 into one into 2). she asks about the car. PO was in money trouble and brought car in and sold to dealer. 2001 vert. Blue with tan top, 6 sp, Hurst (turns out it is the same one I saw on CL). Condition, Excellent. Miles, 34K. She says, sold without asking price. They made her a great deal. Fate - the car came to her. She surprised the H**L out of me.

My lovely wife is the 'Wife of the Year'. I loved her with all my heart before this, but now... I am one lucky guy. Every time I open the door to the garage, I think, 'there is a god' and he answers prayers.

I just love driving this car. Hope to see some of you out there on the road.
Old 05-30-2012, 02:04 AM
Launching!

I hate you.... lol just kidding!! That's a good story though i told my GF hopefully i get one too..razz: WELCOME!
Old 05-30-2012, 02:48 AM
Launching!

Good women are out there. Every time things get tight and I contemplate selling my bird, the wife stops me and says "NO!" Not because she likes it that much, more because she knows how much I would regret it later on.

Congrats on your new ride.
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

congrats, amazing things come to those with the patience!!!

02 NHRA, my wife does the same to me, aint it great? LOL I've been hunting a 72 TA or firebird to restore, and ran across a 71 camaro built to the gills. I was gonna trade up from my formula and she talked me out of it. Not just because I love my formula.. but the idea is for my son and I to build up a firebird until he's old enough to drive ... one day I'll find that car... lol
Old 05-30-2012, 08:18 AM
Launching!

Dude, that is an awesome story. Thanks for sharing it motornutt!
Old 06-10-2012, 02:20 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Wow, that's a great story man.
Old 06-10-2012, 02:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet story! There is a God, and your wife is awesome for doing that too!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:32 PM
On The Tree

This is a really cool story, thanks for sharing. Congrats to the owner of a new WS6 and an amazing wife!
Old 06-10-2012, 03:38 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

Glad to hear you found what you were looking for! Not much difference between the 01 and 02.
Old 06-10-2012, 04:12 PM
TECH Regular

How can you tell this story with no pics of the car?! WE NEED PICS!!!
Old 06-10-2012, 04:23 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Good going man, great woman.
Old 06-10-2012, 06:06 PM
Teching In

ure are lucky!