Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New Ram Air Formula NW Indiana

Old 08-16-2012, 08:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default New Ram Air Formula NW Indiana

Hey everyone...I have been lurking for a few days and decided I needed to dive in. Here's my story into the ls1 world.

I am an old (or maybe now a former) school die hard chevrolet and pontiac muscle car guy. I have built and owned numerous muscle cars/race cars over the years from wild to mild. I had a 1970 Camaro project sitting in the garage after restoring a 91 camaro rs with my son. He sold the 3rd gen after driving it for it a year and recently bought a 98 A4 ls1 Z28 with some bolts on and exhaust. I took it for a drive a couple weeks ago and was blown away by how much power this modern day camaro was making! Every time he left the house and I was still at home working on my "project camaro" I was getting more antsy about getting on the road too...combined with other life issues made me finally decide I wanted an ls1 also! He was having WAY TOO MUCH fun without me and I was sick of sweating in the garage with hundreds of hours left to go before my camaro was ready for daylight. I threw an ad on CL for a trade my project for your ls1 4th gen. I immediately got three hits and this one caught my eye.

I traded my project camaro for a 73,000 mile 2000 Ram Air Formula LS1 6 spd with full length headers, borla exhaust, suspension parts galore, lowered, 12 bolt rear end and corvette wheels. I do not know what has been done to the engine or what gear is in the car but this thing hauls. Prostreet Motorsports in Texas performed quite a bit of the build. Hopefully you guys can help me figure out what has all been done to this firebird. The previous owner just had the Toy Box in Grand Rapids install a HD clutch but I have already noticed the 3rd-4th gear grind so one of the first repairs will be tearing the trans out.

I am super excited to join the LS1 world and will be putting some very enjoyable miles on this car. It needs a good detail and a few little things so I will asking lots of questions. I guess the learning curve will be ramping up b/c my son and I both love to go fast.

Old 08-16-2012, 09:10 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

good looking car and welcome

get ahold of RPM Transmissions and they will hook you up with your transmission issues

Search this Thread