Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New into F bodies from SoCal

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 10:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New into F bodies from SoCal

How are you all doing? The name's Brian. I'm located in south Orange County in SoCal. You might see me around. I recently picked up a '98 Trans Am with the auto trans. The thing was beautiful and in great condition. For 4500, I couldn't really pass up the chance to get into big v8's (I come from owning a Honda so it's a big jump). I was introduced to f bodies a few years back by a friend who has an 01 ss and I fell in love from the start. Sure it doesn't handle like a Honda but damn are the f bodies beautiful and fast. Anyways, here are some pictures of my car; She's bone stock and has had a full interior and exterior detail by yours truly.

The few supplies I used out of my entire arsenal;
Old 10-04-2012, 12:14 AM
Teching In

You could be my evil twin when mine was stock. Congrats on the car, but keep your Honda for everyday driving to keep miles off the bird trust me it helps on those rainy days!
Old 10-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NBMLS1
You could be my evil twin when mine was stock. Congrats on the car, but keep your Honda for everyday driving to keep miles off the bird trust me it helps on those rainy days!
Thanks. And thank you for the advice, but I just went off the deep end and sold the Honda to get the trans am. I just needed a change, and apparently that consisted of getting a polar opposite car. I am very happy with the Trans Am. I ended up changing the diff fluid, air filter, and motor oil yesterday. I put in some Auto-RX with the motor oil, Seafoamed the top end, and put some Lucal Oil injector cleaner into the fuel tank. I'm expecting a pretty big difference. Either way, I think I made a good decision. The fuel economy is such a big difference though. Going from 34 on the highway to 23 is killer...
Old 10-05-2012, 10:33 PM
Launching!

welcome buddy. maybe ill c u around sumtime. lol. how about another portos run?
Old 10-06-2012, 12:07 AM
Teching In

sweet color! nice score for the price.. I'm hoping to join the club soon myself.

Quick Reply: New into F bodies from SoCal