Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Finally back with another F-Body!

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2012, 09:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Finally back with another F-Body!

Hello!

My name is Allen and I finally bought another f-body, this is my 4th!

My first car was a 1994 Firebird V6 which unfortunately was totalled

2nd car was a 1994 Firebird Formula LT1, Automatic! (only modification was an intake)

3rd car was a 1998 Camaro SS with only 60,000 miles (233/239 camshaft, yank 3600 stall, headers, slp power flow exhaust, tsp catted y-pipe, performabuilt level 2 transmission, permacool trans cooler (ran this with the one provided by performa-built)

I then took a break and traded in my Camaro SS for a 2012 Mustang GT 5.0 6 Speed (fully loaded) I did a BOSS intake manifold, intake, and a tune and put down right around 410 to the wheels.

I had that for a month then bought a 2008 Shelby GT500 which remained stock til I changed my job to where I was commuting 100 miles a day instead of 5 miles a day and it became inpractical so I sold it and got a 2011 Subaru STi

The Subaru remained stock for my time owning it, but I quit my high paying job to get into the military and had to get rid of my 600 dollar a month payment!

I need a cheap reliable car that I could work on and I found this gem on craigslist in West Virginia!

It's a 1998 Pontiac Trans-AM, 197,800 miles as of today. LS1 and an Automatic, but I bought it for it's color! Bright Purple Metallic!

I have always wanted one of these cars and this one is in pretty good shape, it needs some paint because it had been sitting in the sun for 2 years before I bought it (the guy had no need for it, because his job situation changed so he needed a fuel efficient car, it sat with no tags and no insurance on it).

The car is really nice, I definitely need a transmission flush and fill though, its a little hesitant to downshift sometimes when WOT, but other than that runs good.

I have big plans for the car, I want to do a WS6 hood, torque thrust wheels, when I'm down in florida for A School for 15 weeks I'm going to have the motor forged for a procharger and do another performabuilt transmission. Before I leave for bootcamp I should have lowering springs, my wheels, and maybe my hood. I leave April 3rd for Navy bootcamp!

Hope you enjoy my nice clean TA!

Old 10-10-2012, 09:30 AM
Launching!

Also I need some restoration parts (monsoon speaker, any under the hood brackets (all mine are rusty), t-top covers, i'll add more when I find new stuff I need to replace)

Looking for used headers, exhaust, wheels, suspension, and hood!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:34 AM

purple is awesome!
Old 10-12-2012, 12:44 AM

That purple is gorgeous. got an older model who's parts will do you no good... otherwise, i'd love to help. she's pretty that's that's the color i've always wanted my vehicle to be

Quick Reply: Finally back with another F-Body!