Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to the site but not new to cars or fabrication

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2013, 08:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up New to the site but not new to cars or fabrication

I'm a youngin at 19 but after a while you'll notice I act too old for my age...at least that's what I'm told. So, things I have under my belt:

Helped restore a '67 Mustang Coupe, rebuilt a few Windsors, did lots of yard work, then I thanked the old man I was helping and went my own way. Bought my first car at 15, a '91 Honda Integra. Did basic mods to it and redid the whole suspension. Had pretty good fun with it then sold it. Then I bought a Civic. Sold that right away. Bought a CRX at 17 and started a long build that I wish would have been enough... Stripped it completely, redid all the wiring, stripped it of it's emissions crap, set up the tank to vent to the atmosphere after a filter, made my own catch can out of a threaded pipe and end caps, bought a really expensive engine that barely makes 130hp... Anyway, still haven't finished it. I've driven way faster cars though and I'm sure I will be bored of the car quickly. So, I'm doing a complete 180 on that build and making it street legal again to use as a DD.

So, onto the reason why I'm here...

I'm about to buy a Nissan 240sx to swap an LS1 into. I know, pretty common now-a-days. But, I'm not just doing any common swap to slide around in. I don't like wasting HP too much with wheelspin. I'm going to buy a Camaro parts car to swap in all of it's emissions crap with it too so I can get it BAR'd here in CA. After everything is clear I'm buying two T3S60 turbos. I'll leave it at that until I actually get to it though.

Glad to be here and I've already learned quite a few things. Like the VE tables on the ECU and stuff. Maybe I'll be able to tackle it myself. Looking forward to breaking and fabricating many parts.
Old 09-04-2013, 08:08 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome!!!!
Old 09-04-2013, 08:49 PM

Thanks R.Z. Nice ride. B)
Old 09-05-2013, 01:28 AM
Teching In

Welcome I am in the process of putting a ls1 in my 92 240sx as well, however I plan to stay all motor.

Quick Reply: New to the site but not new to cars or fabrication