Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie from SE Wisconsin

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2013, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from SE Wisconsin

I've been lurking on here for quite awhile an figured I'd finally register an introduce myself. I recently picked up a 98 Z28 for a really good deal, then as luck would have it a few days after buying it I had a car pull out in front of me, so I swerved to miss them an the back end of the car started coming around, so I counter steered an it snapped back on me an I ended up stuffing the drivers side front fender into a telephone pole. After looking the car over though it's savable luckily enough. Unfourtantly the person that cut me off never stopped, an I was a little preoccupied with spinning to get a good description of their SUV or a plate #, so they got off free an clear an now I'm stuck fixing everything outta my pocket.

As far as the damage to the car goes, obviously the drivers side front fender is trashed, the hood got slightly wrinkled, the windshield cracked (from the hood hitting it), the drivers side door skin fell off. As far as structural damage I got pretty lucky, everything underneath is still straight, all the control arms are straight, same with the steering, however where the strut bolts on top to the inner wheel well or whatever you wanna call it, did get pushed in slightly towards the driver side valve cover. The front end is still all clean, the passenger side looks totally fine, that wheel isn't hanging out any extra or off centered, so in the grand scheme of things I guess it could be alot worse. Nobody was hurt, an the car is still savable. My only problem is trying to come up with the money for the frame shop an also finding a fender and a door. So if any of you guys have any of that stuff please feel free to let me know.
Btw the site seems packed full of a ton of useful info an some really nice ppl
Old 10-07-2013, 11:09 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

howdy neighbor! man thats a bummer of a story, reminds me im under insured. i hope it works out 4 ya. cheers!

Quick Reply: Newbie from SE Wisconsin