Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2013, 04:58 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6

hey everybody thought i would introduce myself, im building a 64.5 mustang with a 6.0 LY6 motor and i will prob. need some technical advise on getting this thing completed. I have helped do a swap - LS1 into a Porsche 944 turbo- and it was pretty straight forward, but this thing needs everything, fuel system etc.. - i bought an LY6 from a company that was converting a commercial chassis to full electric, so a complete motor minus wiring and computer for $800 with 7000 miles on it! I have installed a AJE front sub frame in my car- which is a bare shell on a rotisserie currently- and dropped the motor in for fitment and it is apparent i will have some trimming to do.

One thing i will definitly need is an LS3 intake/injectors and fuel rail if anyone has these laying around contact me xsboost90@yahoo.com

I plan on keeping the VVT and finding a harness and computer then sending it out to be clipped and programmed. Ive been lurking here for a few weeks and contacted some vendors with no response so if you have any advise im all ears. I think i have found the fuel pump kit i want to use, other wise i'll need to fit some headers, find a decent T56 trans and then adapt the hydraulics to my stock style clutch pedal, driveshaft to my 8.8 fox body rear end i picked up among a thousand other things. THis is a long term project so it may move slowly but when its done im shooting for an easy 400+ rwhp and aiming for track use - meaning road course stuff like mid ohio. I am a certified instructor for the Porsche Club of America, and i raced 944 spec with NASA for awhile as well as years of track experience so this should be a different experience to drive around the track.

I need to figure out the following....

what harness to use to keep the VVT, manual trans and fit the ecu under the dash- i MAY be able to get the stock harness and ecu but they are hesitant to let me buy it right now...

if i run a returnless fuel rail, do i need a regulator at the tank? or should i just run a two line rail....

where to find headers/ intake/ t56 for a steal / what clutch? and im sure i'll have many more. Thanks in advance these motors are awesome and i cant wait to **** the Ford guys off sticking this bad boy in there.
Attached Thumbnails New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6-img_0936.jpg   New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6-img_1188.jpg   New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6-img_1193.jpg  
Old 12-23-2013, 12:28 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like a great project. Keep the picture comming. I'm putting BBC in my '66. I didn't do it to **** off the oval guys but it sure does.

Quick Reply: New here- 64.5 Mustang with 6.0 LY6