Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to LS1tech but not LS swaps

Old 01-17-2014, 08:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to LS1tech but not LS swaps

I just recently found out about this site and not sure how I didn't know about it sooner. I am located in southwestern Michigan and just finished up my 3rd ls swap project and am helping a friend with another.

My first swap I did was a 5.3 LM7 and 700r4 into my 99 jeep cherokee, nothing to fancy just an offroad play toy.

The second was a LS3 and T56 out of a 2011 camaro that went in to a 58 Chevy Apache pick up. We used a 81 monte carlo front frame and 4 link in the rear with 405-25-24 pirelli tires out back. I will have to find some pictures to post of this one

My third is my mom's 63 impala. This was the car my mom drove my brothers and my self around as kids, but got parked in the barn in 1990 and hasn't been outside since. So instead of going through the stock 327 we opted for a 5.3 LM7 and 4l60e swap. I built motor mounts to keep the engine low and fit the modified truck intake under the hood. A fresh coat of paint to the engine and engine compartment, new seat covers and some vintage torque thrust wheels were the only other mods done to the car besides the engine.

The current project is a 5.3 into my buddies 98 jeep grand cherokee. Getting rid of the tired 4.0L in favor of a much better power plant.

Hopefully this summer I will have time to get the LS1 swapped into my 65 buick skylark and get it back on the road.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: New to LS1tech but not LS swaps