Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Snowy day in Illinois ends up with a great start here on the LS1 Tech

Old 02-14-2014, 03:10 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Snowy day in Illinois ends up with a great start here on the LS1 Tech

Hello from the frozen state of Illinois,more directly from a little town outside of Peoria. That town is North Pekin with a population of 2500,Salute!!! Name is Derrek and along with my Father we own and operate a Hotrod shop and use modern drivetrains in our builds. I love the LS platform as I am sure everybody here on this forum does. I am currently playing with a LS1 into a 1998 Jaguar xk8. I bought this car over the summer in 2013 and we enjoyed it up until Jan 2014 when it decided it didnt like the #1 rod bearing anymore,so rather than rebuild the 4.0 v8,Its LS time. I was looking fora GTO oil pab as the jag is a front sump pan and a google search led me here and now I am addicted and have spent most of the day reading the pages here. We have done a lot of weird installs like a Ford triton V10 in a 1932 Ford roadster with all the fuel injection and electronics a Winnebago with a LT1/4l80e that currently sees about 17mpg at 65mph a VW with a rotary and subarus, a 33 Ford sedan with a LS2 and Dads new toy a Jeep with a twin turbo 4.6 ford cobra engine. so we are not a one marque band here as we seem to be all over the board with car builds. I guess we just like motor oil and Horsepower
Old 02-14-2014, 03:13 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Welcome neighbor! I am about 30 miles east of you in the country over by Danvers!
Whats the name of the shop? Do you have the ability to "tune" LS motors?
Old 02-14-2014, 04:41 PM
FormerVendor

HEY welcome to ls1 tech a lot of good infor here let us know we can help from farer north thanks
Old 02-14-2014, 06:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by hardbones
Welcome neighbor! I am about 30 miles east of you in the country over by Danvers!
Whats the name of the shop? Do you have the ability to "tune" LS motors?
Thanks. We are PACC or www.Uniquecoaches.com as PACC for a website domain name was already taken. I use Brandon Fonner in Groveland,IL for our tuning as he has the computers to do the programming. We are only two blocks away from Midwest Chassis and he does a lot of chassis work on 3rd gen and now the new Camaros.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Snowy day in Illinois ends up with a great start here on the LS1 Tech