Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello All, and BTW really thankful for this forum

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 02:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All, and BTW really thankful for this forum

Best wishes to all of you. Like all of you, I'm a car enthusiast and -- like some of you -- I've been messing around with cars for many years. Current inventory includes a highly modified '02 Subaru WRX, stock '06 Mercedes E55 AMG, stock '14 Camaro SS 1LE, GPI modified '11 Camaro SS (LS3), mild tune '08 Kawasaki ZX14, mild tune '96 Road King, Lancair LNC-3 (airplane), stock '11 Infinity QX56, mild tune '08 Tundra (5.7L), and a stock '95 BMW M3. We bought our 17 year old an '11 Camaro V6 automatic a few months back. My wife liked it so much I bought her a '14 SS 1LE for Christmas, then I liked that one so much I bought an '11 GPI-modded SS for myself. Chevy did a great job with the gen V platform -- I don't care what the nay sayers opinions are about it being too heavy, etc. To me, it's the pony car they should have built years ago. I'm looking forward to seeing how all of you are exercising your inspiration, engineering sense, and check books to get the most out of an excellent starting point. My personal goal is to massage the '11 SS to put down a normally aspirated, reliable, daily driven 550 whp and 550 lbs/ft, and upgrade the suspension to be competitive in autocross. For me, that means consistent low 11 second quarter miles and 1.1 G lateral acceleration on street tires and mufflers. Again, I'm lucky to have found this forum and wish you all the best fortune and profound enjoyment of your cars.

Kind regards,

Memphis

Quick Reply: Hello All, and BTW really thankful for this forum