Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

2nd time new owner 2002 SS 6spd

Search this Thread

Old 05-28-2014, 02:22 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2nd time new owner 2002 SS 6spd

hello everyone, i finally found the 2002 SS camaro i've been wanting since i lost my 94 z28 6spd years ago. My 1st sports car love interest was an 88 gt mustang 5.0, then a 95 cobra mustang, 94 z28, 2004 sti, currently own a 2006 evo MR edition and now the 2002 SS camaro with the options i've always wanted. So I have a few questions since the car is bone stock;

Are there T-top leakage concerns
the ASR button, is it a traction control issue
i like the true duals idea and read a few threads, are they worth it.

I'm not rich when it comes to throwing money into my cars so i usually do my homework and end up modding a little bit at a time, but the upgrades usually lead into the next upgrade that goes hand in hand with the previous upgrade. any suggestions would be much appreciated. my goals as of now will continue to grow so any upgrade i do i wouldn't want to redue or change as the mods grow, hopefully that makes sense. thanks ahead of time.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by DRKnight95
It's a car by car issue. Take it through a car wash and see if it leaks anywhere. You can always snug the tops up a bit by removing a shim or two on the brackets that the T-Tops lock into.

I don't fully understand the question, are you asking if ASR is traction control or is there an issue and you wonder if the ASR is the problem? If it's the former, ASR is traction control, yes. If it's the latter, more information is required.

Totally subjective. I had LTs and true duals on my old 99 Z28 and liked them, but it was a pain trying to find a friendly state inspector to pass my car every year. Also, the system hung a bit low and I scrapped a lot wherever I went. On my current car I am not going with LTs or true duals, but it's because I'm not really that interested in modding it at this time. I just want to cruise it. So on my previous car, it was worth it to me because I had built the engine and it needed to breathe. On my current car it is not worth it since I'm not really that interested in doing anything with it.
Old 05-28-2014, 07:53 AM
On The Tree

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

hello everyone, i finally found the 2002 SS camaro i've been wanting since i lost my 94 z28 6spd years ago. My 1st sports car love interest was an 88 gt mustang 5.0, then a 95 cobra mustang, 94 z28, 2004 sti, currently own a 2006 evo MR edition and now the 2002 SS camaro with the options i've always wanted. So I have a few questions since the car is bone stock;

I'm not rich when it comes to throwing money into my cars so i usually do my homework and end up modding a little bit at a time, but the upgrades usually lead into the next upgrade that goes hand in hand with the previous upgrade. any suggestions would be much appreciated. my goals as of now will continue to grow so any upgrade i do i wouldn't want to redue or change as the mods grow, hopefully that makes sense. thanks ahead of time.
My t-tops seal well in a heavy rain, but a high pressure car wash could cause a leak. If you leave the car outside just make sure not to park it nose down in the rain or water will probably sneak in under the hatch weather stripping and soak the rear floor area. This seems to be the bigger issue with 4th gens rather than t-top leaks.
Old 05-29-2014, 01:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank s for the info, i was sure the ASR was a traction control but wanted some confirmation. as for the true duals, i remember having midlength headers on my 94 z28, liked the design as far as how the driver side collector turned towards the passenger side(towards the Y pipe and recall visioning a true dual set-up kind of under the passenger seat area but thought it would need a single muffler that was a dual in dual out if there is such a company that made one. Unfortunetly i shipped out for boot camp shortly before my vision could come true and left my best friend to keep my Z running which did not happen. any thoughts on that sort of set up for true duals? if i'm off let me know as well, i'm always open minded to suggestions, currently i enjoy cruising but i know soon i'll want more power.

Quick Reply: 2nd time new owner 2002 SS 6spd