Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Yet Another Volvo LSx Swapper

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-2015, 11:30 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yet Another Volvo LSx Swapper

Howdy! Just another guy with a Volvo 245 (70s-90s RWD wagon) collecting bits and information to swap an LSx derivative (5.3L LM4 out of an '04 Buick Rainier, in my case) and 4G Camaro T56 in. Currently has a 2.3L 16 valve turbo motor frankensteined together from junkyard donors of multiple Volvo models, which is suffering from the combined abuse of its original hosts and about 4 years of being adapter plated and turned up to 11 in my hands while being autocrossed, HPDEd, used to tow Miatas, often daily driven, and occasionally drifted and rallycrossed.

Been spending the last few months already getting myself immersed in LSx parts compatibility and interchange and what other Volvo LSx swappers have done. Got an engine on the stand with swap-appropriate manifolds and oil pan already installed, and a re-pinned factory wiring harness ready for test-fitting. Hope to get the old motor pulled and the 5.3 in as soon as things start warming up, and I'll hopefully have a moderately interesting/informative build thread for any fellow LSx+Volvo nuts to follow in a few months!
Attached Thumbnails Yet Another Volvo LSx Swapper-imgp4324.jpg  

Last edited by vertigosity; 03-02-2015 at 11:41 PM.

Quick Reply: Yet Another Volvo LSx Swapper