Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie from Az.

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2015, 09:39 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie from Az.

Hello, seems funny to say I am a newbie when I am 69 years old. I have had a few cars in my life mostly Chevys. I currently have an LT1 in my 1994 Caprice classic wagon, yes it is a woodie.( well fake woodie) factory plastic tape on side and back.It is a nice ride though... I still own a 1963 Chevy Impala with a nice 400 HP+- 350. I built this one in 1995. I have owned this car for 33 years. It is a 2 Dr. HDT not an SS though.I drive the Impala daily. I have as my current project a 1971 El Camino. I am in the process of installing a 6.0 LQ4 This will be my first attempt of doing anything that is not carbureted. I may call on every one of you to help with your knowledge. Gears and mechanical I can handle. I must admit I am going to get some books and start reading, checking the web and watching many videos before this is on the road.

Oh and thanks for letting an old guy in here.........
Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Enthusiast

hey welcome onto site. you already have what you need here. first hand experience all over on here, just look into conversion area. post some pics of your rides/project. ask ? in conversion & other sections get you going. LT1Swap.com has great wiring info.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:24 PM
Teching In

Hi and welcome im new here too, but I have been on this site as a reader/ viewer/ fan for a long time now.

I did a 95 V6 FireBird to LS1/ 4L60E swap .......... and got all the help from this site reading and learning from ppl experiences and tips Last time I dyno'ed that junk it made 381 HP/ 387 TQ with a tiny cam and basic bolt'ons.

This is a link of my dyno run, and sorry for the crappy quality

Quick Reply: Newbie from Az.