Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from SoCal With 68 Corvette heavily moded

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2015, 11:33 AM
Z68
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from SoCal With 68 Corvette heavily moded

Hi LS Tech people,
I've been browsing through this site for the past 4 years getting so much info while building my dream project car. I have a 68 Corvette that I've swapped an LS1 with a T56 into, and this site is the first one Ive jumped on to get help with conversion and mod details. There are so many helpful people on here, with so much info to help me get things done right the first time.

Ever since I bought my first auto, a Chevy S10 truck back in 1997 (and crashed it doing something stupid a couple months latter), I have loved Chevy autos and working on them. I also love art/sculpture and fabricating. I was a full time ASE tecnition for a few years and have worked on numerous of my own project cars. I have since finished my education to become an art/sculpture teacher and have been teaching for about 4 years now at a local high school.

I just now joined the site to offer others some help with swapping/moding/fabricating. My goal with my Z68 (68 corvette restomod) was to make it have modern power with drivability, and make it as light as possible to help in handling and acceleration. Through the whole rebuilding and moding of the car, I have been diligently on the look out for ways to loose weight, and have cosiquintly shaved about 700 lbs off her (no exaggeration). So I can help give pointers in that area too.

I also have some left over parts from the 2001 Z28 Camaro doner car, if any of you are looking for parts.

Thanks, Ryan

Quick Reply: New from SoCal With 68 Corvette heavily moded