Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

newbie with a 240sx

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2016, 05:02 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default newbie with a 240sx

Hey LS crew

I came across this site looking up info about doing an ls swap on a 95 nissan 240 sx
There is a ton of info on the web about it but sometimes too much info can be hard to sift thru. especially with all the opinions vs actual proof thats posted.

So im here to ask anyone who has a 240x with a ls1 (or any variants) if they have any suggestions or tips on what type of swap kits, tranny choices, cams, upgrades etc

I am thinking about using a lm7 for my build cause its better for my budget. I only really want to get 350-400 at the wheels

I know I know ANOTHER budget build..... but come on yall!help me out! lol

I need answers on :

1.build suggestions on a lm7

2. transmission choices (370z or t-56)

3. swap kits (sikky or others)

Thanks!
Old 03-15-2016, 12:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey I've also got a 95 240sx that I'm starting this build on. Just started buying parts actually. Depending your budget there are so many ways to go about doing it! I have a pretty tight budget as well. Here is what I plan on doing

So far I have bought a harness out of a F body, ls1 intake and 241 heads with dual .650 springs and rods.

I am going to be buying a complete lm7 pullout from a truck. I will end up just using the bottom end and cam most likely.
I will either run the 4L60e or 4L80e transmission. Most likely the 4L80e because the harness I have is setup for 4L80e. I would like the t56 but I'm going auto just because I'm on a budget and the t56 transmissions are expensive and usually need a rebuild on them too.
I'm going to be using stock ls1 fuel rail and injectors. I haven't decided what accessory combination I want to run yet but I will probably mirror a 04 gto.

I have a few friends that have ls swapped s13's and they really like the sikky mounts. I am leaning towards the sikky kit as well. I haven't committed to buying the headers from them yet though. Not sure which way to go on that yet.

I'm doing all kinds of research on this project as well so feel free to bounce questions off me! I'll do my best to try and help you out lol

Quick Reply: newbie with a 240sx