Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New to site, 4.8 4L80 55 Fairlane Gasser

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2016, 12:26 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New to site, 4.8 4L80 55 Fairlane Gasser

Hi, new to the site, but not a Newb. Look forward to corresponding with LS fans around the country. This site has some of the best info I've seen on the inerwebs.

North of Detroit burbs. Mostly street driving. Fairlane was a BBC (sold) car. All Henry steel. 8.8 truck rear (ladder bars on the shelf), leaf springs and straight axles all the way around. It's spent too much time dust covered and sitting. Time to get serious. Been buying more tools than parts lately. Just picked up a Miller Multimatic 215 (not even plugged in yet), looking for a tubing bender.

Gen III 4.8, 4L80e currently still in the van. Huge shopping list includes: 76mm BW or Precision, HP Tuners, E85 comparable fuel system, and a Circle D or Yank converter.

I would like to street drive 550ish flywheel, not looking to set any E.T. records. Just a fun gasser, with street manners, to **** off all the traditional rockabilly guys, that pump money in to 150hp flatheads.
Old 12-08-2016, 05:52 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Sounds killer. I love gassers. I hope you make a build thread in the conversions section.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will. Kind of a newbie to the forum world, aside from reading. If it would stop snowing, I'd have an easier time getting the 4.8/80e out of the van. Stoked to get the garage finished and get working.

Quick Reply: New to site, 4.8 4L80 55 Fairlane Gasser