Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New from socal

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2017, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New from socal

I'm scared, What have I got into now!,,, I have been reading a lot the last week after I plunked a bunc of money down for a 2004 c5 motor.my intent is to place this motor into my 1995 Chevy picks up. I think now that the Vette motor might not have been the best choice because of propitiatory components only made for the Vette with 50 percent premium pricing such as Transmission has to be Vette , wiring has to be Vette all emissions have to be Vette and then there are the other components to worry about ... Fuel, rear ends , drive shaft redoes and on and on it goes my head is swimming and then I hear a Vette in my dreams or going down the road and I say to myself, self that's what your going to sound like and no one will no it's a Vette. Can't wait to get started motor is here tomorrow. Names Randall
Old 01-10-2017, 06:59 AM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

You could have gotten a truck motor, and it sounded exactly like the vette lol. 99% of the parts are interchangeable. Nearly everything from the vette bolts to a truck engine and visa versa. The premium associated with the vette engines is absurd. The main reason to get one is for the accessories if you're swapping into a smaller import that doesn't have the engine clearance since they are 1.5" closer to the block than the truck accessories.

Now if you would've waited for a 1 year newer vette, you'd have something. That's when they switched to the LS1. The 04 vette had the LS1, and it didn't change a great deal from 1997.
Old 01-10-2017, 08:51 AM
FormerVendor

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Default Santa Ana, CA. 92705

Hi Ranall, In what city are you located ?

I may be of great help as we could neighbors.

Lance
Old 01-10-2017, 08:56 AM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Welcome! Good luck with your build.

Your Source for LSX Conversion Parts!
www.psiconversion.com

Ebay Store
Facebook/psiconversion
Instagram/psiconversion

'Dont Let EFI Pass You By!'
Old 01-10-2017, 09:14 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi Lance I am in Ontario and all the help I can get I would definetlt appreciate. My original thought was to rebuild my L460E tranny and put that back into it but I think after reading Ill have to soursce a different tranny as the Vette had its own housing or something like that. Wanted to buy motor tranny combo but the deal was too good to pass up on the motor.

Quick Reply: New from socal