Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Sick of spending money on bbm

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Sick of spending money on bbm

Hey Matt new to ls1 how are you I'm going to try to make this as short as possible I've been a Mopar guide for 25 something years I know when I cross breed my barracuda I'm going to get a lot of hate mail but one of the things that I want to do starting off as a LS crossbreed is could you help me determine a package that's proven that I get the car into the 9.0 or mid 8sec I mean I feel it's just not necessary to chop off your right arm with Mopar anymore or sell your first born just to get something that will never even perform the way something out of the junk yard would so please help me I want to grow as a technician and get out of the past by the way my car has for chassis Letterbar 14 point cage Dana gundrill axles 1050 w an 3500lbs it is put together the correct way so that I know that a LS motor really performed in my car sorry for the long message Mann
Old 01-13-2017, 05:12 PM
Restricted User

Received 104 Likes on 87 Posts

You can grab a 6.0, use whatever forged pistons/rods you can get your hands on. Stock crank, stock heads, stock intake/throttle body, stock ignition coils. Mild cam/spring combo, nothing major. Stock rockers, pushrods, timing chain, etc.

VS Racing billet 80mm turbo. Should be able to run 8s fairly easy. If you're budget oriented, you could do the entire swap, with turbo, fuel system, etc reasonably cheap.

You can get there on a junkyard stock long block with a little more effort. Would be cheaper. In the case it does blow up, you're only out $400 for another long block. Lots of us have been getting 2+ years out of our 800+ whp junkyard engines.
Old 01-13-2017, 09:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm really looking forward to 2017 with my car because of the new Direction I purchase a 6.0 complete motor and when I tore it apart I realized that the cam baring spun also the main front bearing had spun so when I went back to the junkyard they gave me a really nice 5.3 so what I plan on doing is using Gen 4 pistons and rods with the 317 heads that I got off the 6.0 thank you so much for replying to the post I really appreciate it coming from where I come from with Mopar nobody wants to share information or show you how to get better everyone is so secretive but I really appreciate the info and I'll be looking on the Forum to learn some more thank you very much.

Quick Reply: Sick of spending money on bbm