Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Complete newbie from Milwaukee, WI RX8 Swap

Search this Thread

Old 03-29-2017, 12:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Complete newbie from Milwaukee, WI RX8 Swap

Hey how's it going everyone. My name's Dan and I've been following this site for a few weeks now just doing as much research as possible, with lots more to do. Last night I purchased a 2005 RX8 GT roller, came with Hinson engine mount kit and trans mounts, torque arm, coilovers and some other goodies. Fuel and clutch have already been ran, battery is relocated to trunk, steering rack has been dropped down with bump steer kit, steering shaft extended. It's ready for an engine!

Well once I have the engine. Hopefully that will happen this weekend. I'm planning on a LM7/T56 combo. Get it in and get it running, then turbo in the future. I have yet to acquire any of the parts I'll need, I wanted to get the car first. This is my running list of things I'll need, I'm sure I'm missing some

LM7
T56
Fbody oil pan
LS6? Intake
LS9 Head Gaskets and ARP head studs
Fbody or CTS accessories
Cooling system
Clutch kit and flywheel
Driveshaft
Exhaust
Maybe a different rear end? When I get my driveshaft will depend on what rear end I use has stock Mazda 4.44 right now
and I'm sure lots of miscellaneous other things.

I'll post some pictures of the car soon, but anyways glad to be here, I still have so much to learn this will be my first swap ever, so I am open to all feedback and constructive criticism !

Thanks

Quick Reply: Complete newbie from Milwaukee, WI RX8 Swap