Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New member LT Malibu project

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2017, 01:31 PM
MDO
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New member LT Malibu project

Hello everyone, my names Kurt and I'm from Winnipeg Manitoba, CA

I have snooped the site for answers to questions I've had and decided to be apart of the forum and ask questions and help give advice where I can.
I have a 1980 Chevrolet Malibu sedan, this was my first car about 11 years ago and I've decided to finally do something with it and called her the "LT BU"

I started with taking the car apart and purchased a 2004 5.3 complete from a friend for $500 bucks.i took the body off the frame and plated the frame with 1/4 inch steel. Bruce from high dezert fab built me a set of 3.5 over long travel control arms that will let me utilize my factory coil buckets. I mounted the 5.3 to a TH400 and began building my own motor mounts and transmission crossmember. It's been almost a year now and by far the biggest project I've ever had, I'm not rich but I have saved and purchased the best I could afford and took my time with everything so I'd be happy with it the first time. Here are some photos but I'll try to find a build thread to post everything I've done so far. Sorry this was so long but thank you for reading!
Attached Thumbnails New member LT Malibu project-img_0733.jpg   New member LT Malibu project-img_1885.jpg   New member LT Malibu project-img_3133.jpg   New member LT Malibu project-img_3207.jpg  

Quick Reply: New member LT Malibu project