Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Kinda new, kinda not

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2017, 08:51 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Kinda new, kinda not

What's up guys? The name is Phil, been lurking here for more years than I can remember and recently got the bug to build another street toy.

Been wearing out the search bar and Google the past number of months looking at options for a decent little build and figured I might as well finally join up so I can ask questions if I want a little easier.

Current plan...

Picked up a 90 S10 recently from central FL. Need to get it back to my shop in CT before I can really start. A few bullet points below for the plans... This thing will be very inspired by that I do regularly with my Circle Track racing....

• Stripped to a bare frame and body keeping all stock body panels intact
  • 2x3 rear frame section with custom fabbed 3 link rear suspension and GM 10 bolt rear
  • Full cage
  • QA1 adjustable coilover suspension on all 4 corners
  • C4 ZR1 Wheels with Nitto NT01 rubber all around
  • Wilwood Forged Superlite Calipers all around with 11.75x1.25 Wilwood vaned directional rotors and hawk black pads
  • LQ9 with P&P 243 or OE LS3 heads, Edelbrock intake with 750cfm carb and GM hotcam

Still doing a ton of research. The engine setup is what is giving me the most hell only because I can't find solid info on if the pistons need flycutting in which case I would likely replace them with a set of DSS forged replacements and give the bottom end a fresh bearing and bolt treatment. Also trying to keep it within reason to be able to keep it registered on the street in Massachusetts which means OE glass, mirrors, working lights and horn, super quiet exhaust (likely with electric dumps) and a number of other things they are just complete ****'s about up here.

Gonna be an interesting build and will definitely take some time but it'll be fun to get back to building something multi-use rather than something I can only use in one place. I love oval racing, there's nothing like rolling off into a corner at 100+ 2" off the door of the guy next to you, but I definitely miss being able to cruise the streets and hit the strip or road course once in a while.

Quick Reply: Kinda new, kinda not