Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Just someone with an old bimmer who doesn't like spending lots of money to go slow

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2017, 12:55 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just someone with an old bimmer who doesn't like spending lots of money to go slow

Sup guys!

Probably different from what you are used to but the only thing that is Chevy about my car is soon to be the engine.

I'm 18, got a 1984 BMW 325e with the money I saved working at a SoCal grocery store at 16 and neglected to do anything to the engine up until recently. Due to budget and indecision.

Swap is going to be pretty straight forward

Swapped the car intake onto an $800 LM7

Building my own wiring harness

My buddy is fabbing all my mounts and cross members

Gonna run a 4L60E as it should be plenty for my applications and is cheaper and easier to source than a T56 with a B&M Ratchet.

Getting a beefier radiator, tires, low-pro oil pan and hooker headers with custom exhaust

I honestly probably won't post here often as I don't use forums much. This will just be another source for engine knowledge and to source parts.

If any of this interests you here's a shameless plug to my instagram
@marilyn_3er

Biggest set back with this build so far is that I need fresh 706 heads... or at least the valvetrain so if anyone has a lead let me know...

Thanks

-Daniel

Quick Reply: Just someone with an old bimmer who doesn't like spending lots of money to go slow