Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Another New Member

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2017, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Another New Member

Just purchased a 2002 Trans Am Firehawk, my first LS1 car. I have been around Pontiacs for a long time. In Jan. 1972 I went to work for Harold Ramsey as Parts Manager at Ramsey Pontiac, AMC. Jeep in Easton, MD and later added Service Manager to the title. In 1979 I left Ramsey Pontiac and took a job with Sun Electric for a few years, then worked as Service Manager for a Volvo, Honda, VW dealership before starting my own business in 1982. In 1989 I added a machine shop to the business and did custom engine building for street cars, drag cars , pleasure boats and APBA boats. Sold the machine shop operation to an employee and continued with general auto repair until Dec. 2007 when I decided it was no longer fun and retired. Now I have the pleasure of picking and choosing the cars on which I work and have some very interesting vehicles in my garage.

Before buying the Firehawk last week, I have had a 1963 Tempest convertible that was bought new near me and I actually knew the original owner. Matter of fact, my sister worked for the family as a nanny for a couple years and drove this car in 1966-67. I bought it because I wanted something different having had Tri Five Chevies, Camaro, etc., plus I figured at 68 years old I should get off motorcycles. Now I am looking forward to getting the 72K mile Firehawk cleaned up and ready for cruising.

Quick Reply: Another New Member