Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hopefully about to pull the trigger on a 04 CTS-V in LI

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2017, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hopefully about to pull the trigger on a 04 CTS-V in LI

Hey all, I've wanted something with an LS for a while now. Need a car that can haul my kids as well and won't break the bank!

Found a local 04 CTS-V for 10k very close to me. Pretty sure I'm about to pull the trigger, but I had a few reservations on the test drive.

The short shifter was very very sloppy (my other car is a 97 miata which can't really compare), and downshifting to 2nd gear would want to grind unless I was extremely deliberate and slow with the clutch and shift. 1-2 shift was fine, just 3-2 was giving problems. Not sure if this was just me not being used to the clutch and shifter, or if the syncros were shot (it has about 111k miles).

Other issue was that the nav came up with a message about servicing the stability system. There were no check engine lights or ABS lights or traction control lights on when it happened, although it looked like one of the TPMS sensors was out. I found a couple of threads mentioning that its possibly a steering wheel sensor.

I just want to make sure that I'm not walking into a money pit. At 10k, it seems pretty reasonable. Its also cheaper than others I've found listed and like 10 miles away from me. Traveling for hours to pick up a car isn't really feasible for me since I have 2 little kids.

Am I crazy to pick this car up? The noises and torque were refreshing. Really would like to pull the trigger tomorrow. Going to sleep on it, and see if anyone here has some words of wisdom. Should I try and negotiate the price down a little bit more to account for the 2nd gear and potential stability issue? Or is that price pretty good for an 04 V?

Quick Reply: Hopefully about to pull the trigger on a 04 CTS-V in LI