Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New here from OKC.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New here from OKC.

Hi guys and Dolls, I'm a Chevy guy , and learning a lot on this form . I find my self in unfamiliar territory. I have a 2002 1500 HD with a LQ4 in it. It has over 225k miles. I recently picked up a L96 crate engine long block with intake . Now I just have to figure out how to get it wired up to my gen III wiring harness. Any help would be appreciated, thanks .
Old 02-19-2018, 07:39 PM
Staging Lane

sounds like a hot truck, always a pleasure to hear of a fast truck cars are easily fast but sometimes it can be a challenge to make a truck fast
Old 02-19-2018, 09:12 PM
Teching In

Default the fog is starting to clear !

So I have found a lot of info about the engine swap I'm about to do. Thank GOD for GM Support !! I have talked to Ron and Kurt very knowledgeable guys ! they got me headed in the right direction . Oh before I forget the number to GM support is 866-453-4123 when the automated voice comes on just hit 999999 that will get you through to tech support. one of the problems I for seen was my LQ4 has a return fuel line from the fuel rail , the L96 intake doesn't have this. Kurt suggested I use a stock fuel filter off of a 2003 corvette, it has a two outlets for fuel . One goes to the fuel rail and the other goes back to the tank. just have to get a line made up for the return. Next 90mm TB with cable to put on the L96 intake, that will take care of the drive by wire thing. Next will need the lingenfelter 58x to 24x converter box along with the knock sensor harness. That takes care of the crank, cam , and knock sensors. will need injectors adaptors to hook up to the 48# injectors on the L96. I'm also going to put a good set of headers . Any suggestion ? I know that I want long tube headers just don't know what brand . while I have the truck apart I would like to put electric radiator fans on it. still looking for a good kit to use. I hope I haven't mist anything other than a tune. If yall seen anything that I have mist just give me a shout.
Old 02-20-2018, 07:23 PM
ModSquad

Received 3,357 Likes on 2,077 Posts

If you haven’t already, go over to gen 3 external section, and start a thread about this. You’ll get tons of attention over there.
Welcome to LS1Tech!

Search this Thread