New owner of a som ss car - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

Notices
Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

New owner of a som ss car

Old 04-08-2018, 03:29 PM

Default New owner of a som ss car

My Name is Ryan and my dad just gave me a 2002 Camaro SS SLP SOM T Top car! It is all apart and has no drivetrain. It is an automatic car and I am looking for advice on what is the best drive train I should go with. I'm not to concern with keeping the car original so an LS3 is an option. I also have a 2003 trail blazer with a 5.3 engine as a donor. Any advice for a young kid and his first car is greatly appreciated! Thanks
Old 05-17-2018, 12:49 AM
Teching In

Hey Ryan,
Congrats on your new Som very cool color.
What Slp options did yours come with ?
Hopefully 345 hp mine just had the SS grill lol Anyways sounds like a fun project check out my pictures. I donít know much about building engines, mines a M6. Guess it depends on how far you wanna go with it.
The 5.3 with turbo kits seems to get a lot of hp idk much about building it. Well good luck this place is a wealth of knowledge everyone on here is really helpful.
Old 05-17-2018, 02:58 PM
LS1TECH, Trucks, Modmotor Sponsor

Very cool car and even better gift!

You have many options and paths you can go down. Do you know what your goal and use for the car will be? Are you working with a budget, or more open to higher end items? Are you planning to do everything you want at once, or in stages to get the car running then further mods?

We can help you with any questions or parts you need!

Search this Thread

Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: